“Great central location”

Scenic Hotel Te Pania
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the hotel. The view from the 5th floor was fantastic which I am sure every room enjoys as the hotel faces the ocean. The room was lovely and clean. My only complaint was the very noisy bar fridge that ran on and off all night and kept waking us up. We also had a lot of light putting in underneath the entry door as well as the adjoining room's door. Otherwise a good central location to enjoy walking around the township

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Recently stayed in a co joined room with family it was perfect for that as the room in the middle was a lounge with its own tv and dining table. Beds comfy, great fittings, the best part is being able to open the windows and listen to the ocean, a definate unique feature on a higher floor.

My only suggestion would be to elaborate more on the facilities across the road we ended up hiring a private spa which was $30 and we probably didn't need to. That could be our fault for not checking them out properly. All in all I would definitely come back and I have already suggested to others.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ainslee D
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments..I agree the sound of the ocean just lulls you to sleep.
Thank you also for bringing to my attention the charge at Ocean Spa across the road, I have spoken to our front line team so that they clarify with the guests that the complimentary access is for the gym only.
Again, thanks for taking the time to review us. we look forward to your return.
Warm regards

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Standard hotel but I've not enjoyed my stay here. Only 1 hour free wifi per day on one laptop or phone etc. This applies even if there are more than one person in the room. Otherwise wifi is $5 per hour with no package rates. Crazy in this day and age. And reception were not helpful when I enquired about this. This is my first NZ hotel experience so maybe lack of wifi is common here?
Rooms are noisy.
The iron severely leaked water and ironing board was falling apart making ironing a no-no!
We ordered a king size and got two queen beds instead.
Food is expensive but I've not tried it.
On the positives the shower is amazing and it's location if you're here for the conference centre is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback..apparently we missed the mark in your experience for which I apologise. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in New Zeland. Please note we offer all guests 1 hour complimentary internet per day , our independant internet provider is excellent and offers very fast and effecient access.
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for two night while on business. Scenic Hotel Te Pania has modern, comfortable rooms. The bed is particularly comfortable with 6+ pillows in the room and more available from their "pillow menu". All rooms have a wonderful view of Marine Parade and the ocean, and staying on the 5th floor I had a lovely view out across the ocean.
The bathroom is well lit and has a good range of toiletries by Earth Botanics.
In room facilities include a small fridge, stocked mini bar, tea & coffee facilities - including Robert Harris plunger coffee, and there are also wine glass in the room.
Staying at this hotel allows you access to a modern gym complex right across the road, but if the weather is good recommend walking the beach pathway that run parallel to Marine Parade, it is particularly lovely in the morning when the sun is rising.
This hotel is perfectly located within walking distance of the main business and shopping district, and had a number of cafes and restaurants within a 2min walk.
The only issue I had while staying here was that they advertised room service menu seemed to be out of date, with the items I ordered differing slightly from what was delivery. And also the wine-by-the-glass printed on the room service menu was not what was actually available either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on level 4 or above for an uninterrupted view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thelawsons_nz
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Te Pania, we appreciate your kind words. I do apologise for the out of date room service menu we have just switched over to our new Summer menu and I am sorry to say we missed placing a new menu in your room. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to your return. I hope you have a safe and happy long weekend.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I found this a very good hotel,right accross the road form the salt water baths,gym & spa & also the Memorial Conference Centre.
Only had Breakfast at the restaurant was OK.
Hogs Breath Cafe next door & a short walk to the main town shops.
Also the beach is across the road(Marine Parade).
Staff very courteous & the room was clean with a great view ou to sea.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Te Pania. we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Pefect location All rooms seem to have a view. As you would expect it is modern clean and comfortable. Service was particuarly friendly and eficient with out bein OTT. What marks it different from other hotels of this type is the quietness, and the most luxurious towels.

I dined in. They had an interesting menu with plenty of fresh local produce.

Should I return to Napier, this would be my first choice

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I am so plerased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return and I can promise you that we only have extra large luxurious towels in our rooms..our guests deserve the best!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Location is fabulous, staff wonderful, room superb and very clean. Best part is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! We stayed during the middle stages of the America's Cup Racing so spent more time in our room than we would normally do while exploring!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view - just enjoy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anniewithy
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your lovely review.. We too enjoyed the racing..I am so proud of Team NZ those boys are heros!
Hope to see you back soon.