“Fresh, tasty and a happy place”
Review of Three Doors Up

Three Doors Up
Ranked #7 of 207 Restaurants in Napier
Price range: US$15 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Enjoyed this restaurant with a group of people. Met by smiles and pleased to see us. Ordering easy, meal delicious, I had the snapper, so fresh with good veges that complimented. We all seemed to have something different. wine variety excellent. thank u again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived a little early so we had a drink in the bar area before being seated. The bar area itself is great and I would recommend it even if you were not dining. But being so private and secluded I doubt many people would even know it is there. The meal itself was one of the best I have ever had and my friend was equally impressed with his meal. They have a great wine selection and plenty to choose from even by the glass. Definitely my favourite restaurant!

1  Thank nicwedd
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked this restaurant as it had been recommended locally and featured high in the list on T.A. Its a lovely intimate setting with the music wallpaper and candles.
On arrival the restaurant was about 2/3 full and we saw friends within and had a quick chat with them during which time we fleetingly saw a waitress disappear into the kitchen where she remained for a few several minutes before returning and formally welcoming us.
We were duly shown to our table right next to the entrance door but fortunately it did not prove to be cold.
It became apparent that the waitress was going to have her work cut out to deal with the restaurant which had became almost full. We had to wait a long time for our order to be taken.
However to be fair the starter did arrive fairly quickly and the waitress provided additional drinks promptly. The starter of mixed breads, dips and olives was very good.
In due course we observed four dishes sitting at the pass and they looked as if they could be ours, they remained in situ for about four to five minutes due to the waitress dealing with the demands of the other customers.
They turned out in fact to be ours and when they arrived the risotto dishes were nice and hot but unfortunately the chicken dish was lukewarm as was the steak and the vegetables were cold. Having said that the food was very good, the steak was expertly cooked and the roast potatoes delicious, the chicken and risotto were lovely.
Overall a very nice experience and if all the food had been hot it would have been a 5* occasion rather than a 4*. As there was no information supplied to the effect that the restaurant was running a waitress short, I assume that it normally works with only one and whilst the lady did a very good job on her own, I would imagine that there will always be service issues and the possibility of cold food when the restaurant is full or almost full.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

A large group of us dined here on a Tuesday night and the rest of the restaurant was full also. There was only 1 hostess/waitress/bar person to cover the restaurant and she was fantastic (it is small but still able to seat a fair number for 1 person to serve). Nothing was over looked and she always checked in at the right time for drinks and dessert menu etc. The food was spectacular everyone was very happy with all 3 courses with great coffee/tea to follow.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

A night out with family at Three doors up was great.I just loved my pork Belly the best I have had.The waitress is just amazing and attentive and does not need to write anything down as she has a wonderful memory.
Lovely atmosphere and just loved the new room out the back.Roll on summer we will be back.