“Private spa - dirty and expensive”
Review of Ocean Spa

Ocean Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Napier
More attraction details
Owner description: Outdoor heated pool with a large heated pool, spa pools, lap pool, cold pool, toddlers pool, private spas, sauna and steam room. Great views of the ocean and plenty of parking - easy to find on Marine Parade, Napier. Open until 10pm every night of the week.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First time visit and was very disappointed. They had one left with no jets but we were ok with that, even though they could have offered a discount. We went to pay $13 thinking that was for both of us for half an hour but that was per person. So essentially if there was 4 of us they would get $52 for the same usage of water. Total ripoff.

Anyway, we went in and the room was sizeable enough with place to hang clothes and a shower. The water was not hot, more like a bit warmer than tepid. Then once in I went to lean back but realised that all around the top of the water line was filthy and sticky like when you don't clean your rangehood above the oven. Just awful.

We complained and were told that the life guards were the cleaners. Really??? They did give us a refund, but I'm not sure I want to visit again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Always great to visit especially when the kids are at school. Nice hot spas sauna and steam room, clean warm changing rooms. Friendly and helpful staff,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Not a great experience - booked a 1hr massage, it was in a small, cold room, table was really uncomfortable - I ended up with a bruise on my forehead as the headrest has no padding! Not the best. However, the massuese was friendly, and the staff were professional.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner booked me in for a spa pedicure here and it was the worst beauty treatment I have ever received! The beauty room is poorly kept and very close to reception area meaning you can hear everyone (so not very relaxing),products used were cheap and basic,the beauty therapist constantly talked about how quiet they were, and how the managers at ocean spa do not provide enough for the treatment side of things. What I was most disappointed of is that the therapist spent 1/2 an hr filing so had a rushed massage (which she told me she had forgotten how to do) no time to paint my nails and then at the end of all this told me there was no parrafin wax left so I missed out on that too! Overall treatment is advertised as luxurious and relaxing it's nothing and you'll still be charged $65! Terrible.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of four soaked for about an hour in the warm pools on a drizzly afternoon. The facilities were clean and the pools, though fairly busy, had plenty of space. The hot spa pools were particularly nice.

1  Thank David0000