“Fabulous service”

The Salt & Pepper Club
Ranked #172 of 211 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Salt and Pepper Club has one of the best vistas in the area, overlooking the inner harbour of Ahuriri, showcasing beautiful views of sunsets and boats returning from sea. You can sit outside too – alfresco dining while you watch the happenings on the harbour.From 7am, you’re invited to enjoy our delicious breakfast menu. We serve a range of morning options, from a light cereal and juice to a
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The young man who seated and waited on us was fantastic, not his fault some of the menu items not available. Food was good but quite small portions for the price (esp Fish & Chips).

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was really bracing myself for something bad with this place after reading the below reviews. But I had already purchased a Grab One voucher, so we kinda had to come (or else waste the money I spent on the voucher).
Well, we actually enjoyed the meal and of course the view, which is spectacular. We were there on a Monday night so it was quiet. The meals took awhile to arrive, but not overly long. I had the fish special which was good and the other half had the beef eye fillet which he really enjoyed. We finished with some rather dry profiteroles with a yummy strawberry filling.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Really not a spot I could bring myself to return to. The menu was strange and far too expensive. The staff were present but absent if you know what I mean.
The fish of the day was not cooked entirely which I saw just on time.
It certainly wasn't value for money.

1  Thank Brandonwillis
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have waited 5 days before writing this review so that I could ponder whether to or not. I generally do not write negative reviews, but this time I will.
Sunday Lunch, pre-booked with a voucher gifted to us by our daughter (a thanks for our support).
Greeting - poor. Restaurant had approx 5 groups of guests, perhaps staff were busy ???
Table - Excellent! nicely set and with a brilliant view, decor was pleasant.
Drinks - Water was served and Wine order taken, once we were seated.
Menu - Bar Snacks and all day breakfast, Oh ! No specials, no harvest from the Hawke Bay?
Food - without too much detail, poor and un-inspiring.
Service - Pleasant with a North American accent, however when we did not order any more wine, we were forgotten about. Waited for 15 minutes enjoying the view after our plates were taken. Ignored, no offer of Coffee or anything else.
Walked to reception, paid the excess over and above the voucher. Left.

So disappointing, this place could be sooo much more.

1  Thank Pinnynz
Reviewed 16 February 2014

7 of us enjoyed a Sunday brunch. The location is handy and the view out over the inner harbour was stunning. Good Coffee and tasty food. Wait was a bit long considering there were only a couple of other tables occupied. Waitress was friendly and attentive. Some air conditioning would be helpful or at least ceiling fans to circulate the air.