“Good food, questionable value.”

Pacifica Kaimoana Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 217 Restaurants in Napier
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Reviewer Emohawk (below) is spot on. This is a nicely presented place with welcoming owners and a lovely waitress. Nice wine list, interesting menu. The issue is that if you go hungry you'll leave the same way. I feel the first mission of a restaurant is to feed me and here Pacifica let me down. It's not often I spend $160 for two on good food and wine before stopping off for fries on the way home!

1  Thank Walpy

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Whether it is a business dinner, trade wine tasting, special event or to show off the best Hawke's Bay has to offer to out of town/country guests we always choose Pacifica! They consistently exceed expectations during the entire dining experience. From the award winning Chef Jeremy and his highly skilled, and also award winning, kitchen staff to the outstanding wine & beverage list to the always courteous, helpful and just right amount of attention we always refer guests to experience Pacifica and will continue to do so!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Went visiting an old friend in Napier last week and on her "bucket" list was to dine at Pacifica. I am a very "conservative" diner and don't do "different foods" easily. They mixed and matched my tastes to create an enjoyable experience for me. My friends tried the pigs ears and duck dishes. Thought they were fantastic. Ryan our waiter knew every element of every dish. I applaud him and the Pacifica are very very lucky to have such an enthusiastic knowledgeable waiter. The atmosphere was relaxing, the meals were timed exactly as needed. The only down side was the portion size verses $'s, need 3 dishes for basically 2 course meal and then the dessert. Overall the evening for 3 ladies as a catch up was excellent. FINE DINING at it's best. Well done RYAN

Reviewed 21 September 2013

High priced but high quality dishes are served. Rebecca/Jeremy and all other staff are very customer focussed and will take extra time to explain what their extra-ordinary dishes are like. Their quails are super delicious and thjeir desserts are second to none. Their bar is one of the best we have ever been to. Although it is a much small sized Restt. its services supercede 5 star restts.

1  Thank TravellerPorirua
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The menu in this place is world standard how lucky are the people of Napier to have such a fantastic place to eat. I saw the menu and wanted everything on it! It takes a lot for me to get excited these days over food i have traveled extensively and eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world, Pacifica produced some of the best food i have ever eaten. To start with the chef sends out a small sampling of his artichoke soup, absolutely gorgeous! i ordered Toasted sesame covered seared tuna and prawns in a coconut cream and paua sauce with artichoke crisps, my husband had the John Dory and scallops in a saffron nace and then we had a swordfish dish coated in coffee, with more fabulous mouthfuls of gorgeousness! Dessert was amazing too. The waitress Natalie was a real gem made us feel welcome and explained the food as she served, we had lots of laughs and really enjoyed everyone's company. Really glad i live in Tauranga or i would be poor from eating there every night! dont miss this gem if you visit Napier if you are foodie like me I promise you you will love it

2  Thank kiwitripper