“Lovely Breakfast”

Ranked #110 of 217 Restaurants in Napier
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Had Eggs Benedict great service good surroundings, this is my favourite breakfast was served on muffins which is great eggs looked as though they may have been free range as they had bright orange yolks. I love staying at this Scenic Hotel it is always a treat.

1  Thank Chandabry

Reviewed 20 February 2013

When you are part of a large group of 42 food lovers looking for a great night out then there is a huge level of expectations that the restaurant must deliver. Add to this a very tight timetable and you have real pressure.

We had our Art Deco Cafe Crawl main course at the Exchange and quickly settled into a very pleasant open airy restaurant setting – all very comfortable. A couple of glasses of Syrah and Pinot Gris at $8.50/glass and we were ready for the mains.

For a change I choose the oven Roasted beef Sirloin that was to be served medium rare along with a selection of vegetables and béarnaise sauce. Beef for a large group can be a bit of a challenge however mine was served to perfection. My wife had the Char Grilled Chicken breast with tomato puree, roasted new potatoes, steamed seasonal vegetables and green tomato & jalapeno chutney. The size of the chicken breast had me almost wishing that I had chosen that dish – it was huge and beautifully presented.

I’ve marked the Exchange Bar and Brassiere as a place that I will be returning to on my nest visit to Napier. In the meanwhile I would recommend it to anyone wanting to dine in Napier.

1  Thank Winetourist
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Not only is the location one of the best in Napier, so is the food! Pleasantly surprised by the quality of hotel food we revisited three times! Tried, the lamb, the eye fillet steak, and the fish, and WOW why go anywhere else. Wines are expensive, but what the hell!

1  Thank clivegil
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I came across this restaurant by accident whilst out for a nice relaxing walk researching for suitable dining options. It is located on Marine Parade a short distance from the town centre so it is handily placed.
The first thing that strikes you about this restaurant, is its spotlessly clean interior which is very bright and modern with nice subtle lighting to enhance the mood.
When I had booked our table the staff member was friendly and professional and Im happy to report that this was still the case on the night with excellent waiter service.
My daughter and I had Tempura Prawns, a Salad/Cheese Stack to start with followed by Chicken Schnitzel on a Rissotto bed which she said was the best meal she has had and I had the steak med/well. Normally when I ask for a med/well steak it comes well done but the chef had got it absolutely spot on.
My wife went for the set dinner menu which was amazing value for food of such a high quality, as follows:- bread and dips, a ham dish, a chocolate cake dessert followed by coffee. Only minor gripe was that there were no petits fours to accompany the coffee included in the set meal (which seemed strange as the restaurant was quiet that night) but waiter rustled up an after dinner chocolate mint, but only provided one to my wife and not to my daughter who had ordered a coffee. I feel it would have added to the service to have provided her with a mint too and was a bit stingy not to do so otherwise it would have been a complete sweep of 5*'s.
Putting that aside, a very good meal indeed and in very nice surroundings and I would highly recommend, but maybe best to take a chocolate biscuit with you just in case!!

1  Thank Parfantastic
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Loved the service and attention to detail.We dined for dinner and breakfast. The food was beautiful, the staff and service were tops. Highly recommend it. We dined

1  Thank Jeanne N