“Exchange Brasserie”

The Exchange Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #72 of 195 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: European, French, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Napier, New Zealand
“Exchange Brasserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

3 days a week I go with some of my Zumba ladies for coffee at the Exchange Brasserie. We have always been welcomed with a smile, and wonderful service. I often have Eggs Benedict and my special requirements for this meal is always given with courteous, and the staff are always willing to go the extra mile. As a result of such wonderful service, we had our Mid winter and Christmas lunches there, also "Latin Theme Night". My husbands birthday was also held there 2 mths ago and the food and service was excellent. In November we will be holding our big ZUMBA EXTRAVAGANZA PARTY there.
Having moved to Napier from Auckland, I am very impressed with such excellent service which is always given with a smile, so Exchange Brasserie you are a fantastic restaurant.

Taranaki, New Zealand
“Had Brunch in the Cafe/Restaurant, Terrible Service, Poor Value”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Had brunch at this cafe/restaurant recently, We were told they are trying to promote this as a cafe/restaurant for people that weren't staying at the hotel so we thought we would give it a try.

We were a largish group however there was only one other table at the cafe with people on it while we were there.

It took over half an hour to get our coffee's and close to an hour for our food. Our food came out staggered and there was a 15 minute wait between the first plate being served and the last which was very frustrating. The food was ok however not at all startling and fairly basic.

The wait wasn't so bad however the time between plates served was un-acceptable.

The duty manager (Indian Gentleman) was not apologetic and when we complained at the end and frankly I thought he was rude and appeared dis-interested in his job the whole time.

The menu is upper-end for brunch and with service like this it is simply not worth it.

I would not recommend Te Pania Restaurant/Cafe to anyone.

4 Thank Nakib87
Wellington, New Zealand
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

This restaurant is in the Te Pania Scenic Hotel. I have eaten here a few times now and find the food really well presented and very tasty. I usually wouldn't eat in a hotel but this restaurant is so good compared with others in its vicinity that I will keep eating there. Highly recommend for central Napier.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank susiepnewzealand
Taupo, New Zealand
“Lovely Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Had Eggs Benedict great service good surroundings, this is my favourite breakfast was served on muffins which is great eggs looked as though they may have been free range as they had bright orange yolks. I love staying at this Scenic Hotel it is always a treat.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chandabry
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exceeding all expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

When you are part of a large group of 42 food lovers looking for a great night out then there is a huge level of expectations that the restaurant must deliver. Add to this a very tight timetable and you have real pressure.

We had our Art Deco Cafe Crawl main course at the Exchange and quickly settled into a very pleasant open airy restaurant setting – all very comfortable. A couple of glasses of Syrah and Pinot Gris at $8.50/glass and we were ready for the mains.

For a change I choose the oven Roasted beef Sirloin that was to be served medium rare along with a selection of vegetables and béarnaise sauce. Beef for a large group can be a bit of a challenge however mine was served to perfection. My wife had the Char Grilled Chicken breast with tomato puree, roasted new potatoes, steamed seasonal vegetables and green tomato & jalapeno chutney. The size of the chicken breast had me almost wishing that I had chosen that dish – it was huge and beautifully presented.

I’ve marked the Exchange Bar and Brassiere as a place that I will be returning to on my nest visit to Napier. In the meanwhile I would recommend it to anyone wanting to dine in Napier.

• Visited February 2013