“Parasailling”

and up
Parasailing Adventure over the Bay of Islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: NZ's HIGHEST Parasail and FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED SINCE 1998 Offer breathtaking views of the Bay of Islands from 1200ft of towline, New Zealand's HIGHEST PARASAIL. No physical restrictions or experience required. Fun for the whole family. Single, Tandem or Triple flights available.
Hamilton, New Zealand
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Parasailling”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Really nice! Good experience, especially to do in the Bay of Islands.
Skipper and crew were excellent! Super nice guys!
Felt really safe.
Photos were a bit on the average side. Would recommend taking your own camera rather than paying $35.
We booked through bookme.com and got a discount.

Visited March 2014

Palmerston North, New Zealand
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended. They will rake pictures and video for $35... but if you could hold onto your camera, you could use your own. Stayed dry the whole time, but take a sweatshirt as it is windy on the boat.

Waitangi, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience and a must for the "bucket list"”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Firstly, WOW. This is an amazing MUST DO attraction if you are ever in Paihia. The whole experience from start to finish was seamless. The views are spectacular, the ride is smooth, breathtaking and "very high". Even if you are afraid of heights (like me) you cannot be any safer, the crew look after you well and make sure you are well briefed. My wife absolutely loved it as well and the photographer got a nice picture of us "smooching" mid air lol...

I would highly recommend the parasail experience to anyone.

A big thank you to Julez, Richard and the team for looking after us. Mori (Waitangi Treaty Grounds)

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Brilliant Views”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Went parasailing with a friend in Paihia. The view you will get is amazing and take your camera with you. You can dip your toes in the water or your whole body. Either will make the experience better.

Visited November 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

That was my first parasail experience and it was a very enjoyable one. Thanks to the wonderful team that puts it together. My wife was so reluctant to get on to it but she felt that she would have missed this awesome adventure had she not opted to. The two member team on the boat make you very comfortable with their funny talks and music. We both loved it every minute of it and I would recommend you guys to my friends who visit Paihia,

The only concern I have of your service is the Video and Photo option that you provide. The photos have come out good but I am not satisfied with too many long distant shots. A couple of zoomed in shots would have been good. Also I couldn't find the pre-loaded aerial shots that are supposed to be in the SD card and the video of the landing is missing as well. These made me feel that I spent a bit too much on the photos and videos.

But that one concern wouldn't take out the experience that you guys provide us! So thanks again for putting together this thrilling activity.

Visited November 2013
Sophie A, Owner at Flying Kiwi Parasail, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our product. I am happy to hear you had a fantastic flight! I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with the photo/video service and will address that as follows. We take some very far off shots to give you an appreciation of how high you are. Sounds like our crew took too many of those and we will follow up on his performance. We sell a photo/video service which includes a video of your take off and still shots of your landing. There will only be one video of your flight on the SD card and that will be of the take off. The still shots would be of your landing. This should have been explained at the beginning of your trip. Our camera only allows us one function at a time and video of your take off is usually more exciting!. The photos of the view will be in a separate folder. If you put the SD card in another camera you will not be able to view these. It must be put into your computer. Please check all folders to make sure they are not there. We do check each card before it goes onto the boat. If you still have no luck we can email them to you. Please email us directly if this is the case. Thanks heaps for the "Breathtaking" review! Richard