“dream came true.”
Review of The Skydive Zone - CLOSED

The Skydive Zone
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Zone Bay of Islands is located in Kerikeri and offers tandem skydiving for your first jump experience. Instruction begins with a short briefing, then you and your instructor share a tandem harness, freefalling from nearly 15,000 feet at speeds of 120 mph (200kph) or more. After about a minute or more of freefall, your instructor will open the dual-sized parachute, and together you'll fly back to the ground for a soft landing.
Reviewed 4 May 2013

It was fantastic experience.
as I wanted to skydive since vary long time; for me, d dream came true.

office staff was answering all d queries patiently,
and diving staff was so full of energy; eradicates all d doubts and fears instantly.

loved d experience.
one must dive at least once in life.
thanks to Andrew, who accommodated me.

1  Thank gopi s

Reviewed 27 April 2013

The experience of jumping out off a perfectly good airplane is fairly nerve racking to say the least.It was an experience not to be missed and it is one I would do again,but possibly not with these guys.
There was little pre jump instruction, and this was after waiting 2 1/2 hours after my appointed time of arrival.In the reply email,it was said to allow up to 5 hours but if we had known we were going to have to wait this long,we could have gone into Kerikeri.
After my jump,my jump instructor disappeared,we were left wondering what was happening next.I had ordered the photo/Dvd pack at a cost of $190.00(bit pricey),upon asking I was told it would be ready in about 20 mins.Duley it was handed to me and that was that.
The scenery out over the Bay of Islands was spectacular,and well worth the expense but a bit more customer service wouldn't have gone amiss.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I will highly recommend SkyDive Zone to first time jumpers. The staff here are great and don't just make you feel like 'just another jumper'. They treat you with great enthusiasm and safety is a high priority to them. My instructor, Andy, took great videos and pictures and interacted alot and never once seemed bored that he has to take someone for a jump again and didnt look bored in the videos and pictures either. He had more enthusiasm as I was freaked out initially and it made the experience better, he didnt get impatient and the the dvd/photos didnt look a bore. Pictures and dvds are a bit expensive so I recommend keeping an extra $200, depending on what combo you buy. One thing I would recommend is for the staff to order enough usb's. I wanted to buy my dvd/pics in a standard usb but they were out of stock, so I had to opt for the credit card usb and pay more as those ones cost more to buy. I wasnt offered the standard usb price even though they were out of stock. Just a recommendation, overall excellent experience.

1  Thank Red2explorer
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Thanks to the friendly staff and the well trained dive assistants, our experience with SkyDive Zone was memorable and fantastic to say the least. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. Having a good atmosphere was really important to calm our nerves before the dive !!!!! My only advice to the SkyDive Zone Management would be to have a good coffee machine on the premises .... Much needed after a dive :)

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I want to start by saying that the experience of skydiving is not to be missed... however this company is.

I opted for the basic tandem 8,000 ft jump at $250 with no dvds or pictures which cost roughly an extra 150-200dollars. After waiting for 2 hours after the scheduled jump time, it was time to go.

My tandem instructor instead of briefing me on the jump protocol and safety measures, decided it was more important (to him I imagine) to cross examine why I had not bought a dvd/picture package. This was done in a very agressive manner, which in my view was both unprofessional and unsafe.

No instructions where given on the flight up to 8,000ft and once the shoot deployed my instructor proceeded to advise me on what to say to his boss if asked whether I bought the dvd/photo package.

Recommendation? Do the skydive in one of the other hundred companies that offer jumps in New Zealand.

9  Thank JustHoldOn