“Tasty food, friendly service”

Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Paihia
Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: UNLIKE MOST PLACES WE NEVER CHARGE HOLIDAY SURCHARGE Live Music Every Sunday Afternoon 3pm - 6pm. Happy Hour Everyday 3pm - 6pm Alfresco's is a family run business that is open everyday from 8.00Am serving freshly produced food and excellent coffee. We strive to give great service anytime of the day.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Tasty food, friendly service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went twice to this restaurant. The waiting staff are very friendly and give excellent service. The food tasted great and was presented nicely, although my chicken dish on our last night was overpriced for the portion size. We sat in the outer area which is covered. It was a little cool despite the portable gas heaters which were needed and welcomed. A very busy popular restaurant. We would still return on our next trip.

• Visited May 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi,
I’m delighted to see you visited our restaurant twice and enjoyed our service. Thank you for your feedback on the chicken dish we will be changing our menu soon and the feedback is very useful. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Paihia.

Many thanks,

Cambridge, New Zealand
“Value and service appear to have gone out of the window”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant before and always favourably, so it was very disappointing to visit again recently and to leave not only disappointed by more importantly starving!
My friend and I visited to catch up over dinner whilst I was in town. We both ordered the venison which was one of the higher priced items on the menu. Whilst the venison itself was delicious, there were scant other vegetable scattered around the plate. A very small pile of silverbeet, 3 crispy flakes of kumara and 2-3 tiny button mushrooms. I was frankly starving when I left.
We did speak to the waitress about this and she appeared disinterested with little idea of how to handle the complaint. At my insistence she mentioned this to the chef, however her response which was an afterthought, was that it was a meal with more emphasis on meat.
I would also mention the toilet facilities which shocked me - they smelled like a urinal.

Visited May 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your review. I was unhappy to hear that on your return visit you did not enjoy your dining with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated and is the only way we can improve. I have spoken with the wait staff about dealing with customer feedback better. As for the toilets they have been given a complete revamp with new paint and a serious clean. Hopefully on you give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Arvada, Colorado
“Good Food, Nice Location, A Little Slow”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We ate lunch here in early February, 2014 before we took a boat trip. We had plenty of time for lunch prior to the 1 pm departure of our boat trip. When we arrived there were only a few tables with guests eating and we selected a table outside.

We ordered drinks and our meals at the same time but it took at bit to get the drinks and then the food. My partner ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the Greek salad w/ pumpkin. Very good!

The service was from beginning to end was slower than we would have liked given there were only a few other guests and at least 3 wait staff. We would probably have had another meal at Alfresco's if we had more time in Paihia since the food we had was very good and we usually give service a second chance before making a final decision to never visit a restaurant again.

I am giving it a very good review based on the food and the location. I would downgrade to average if the service was as slow upon a second visit.

• Visited February 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and would like to apologise for the slow service and hope that if you make it back to Paihia in the future you give us a second chance. I will be speaking with staff to ensure service even when quiet is kept to a high standard.

Many Thanks

“% 100 customer service”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I dined this evening and got off to a rocky start with one staff member excessively telling off my 2 year old son HOWEVER all was redeemed by the young man who took over our table ( I apologise in advance as I didn't know his name nor nationality but guess Italian or Argentine? ? Hope I did not offend) Who looked after us all, with the best customer service we have ever experienced in the Bay of Islands. I personally gave him a $20 tip: management please name him as it is well deserved and credit where credit due

ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. The waiter you mentioned was Benjamin he is a great asset to our team and he was stoked to see your great comments. We hope to see back you again in the future.
Many Thanks
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Quick service and good quality tasty food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We dropped in mid May so it was getting into low season. alfresco's had heaters and we were welcomed immediately and shown to the table. the restaurant was quiet ( low season) so we were served immediately and the food was freshly cooked and very good quality. One of the best steak sandwiches I have had' really tasty. the pork belly entree was also really tasty. Would recommend this restaurant for friendly , efficient service with good tasty food.

• Visited May 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Peter

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. I was very happy to read that you had such a great experience and found your meals tasty! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in NZ and we would love to see you again if you make it back to Paihia.

Many thanks