“Great expereicne”

Darryl's Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a leisurely two-and-a-half hour cruise up the Waitangi River as you dine in style on board the unique 'Ratanui'. Join Darryl and his friendly crew for a calm-water cruise to the gorgeous Haruru Falls. Marvel at the abundant bird life and historic points of interest, and relax as you take in the tranquil beauty of your surroundings with a sumptious dinner as the sun goes down.
Daventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great expereicne”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was a trip that we booked in advance of our travel after reading some of the excellent reviews on here. My wife and I had a great night on this cruise, meeting some amazing people after discovering (very unusually we were told) we were the only non Kiwi people in attendance. I think the fact that Kiwi's travel to this speaks volumes for this trip.

Dan was the captain and seemed very proud of the service he and the 2 girls were providing. He successfully made the trip open for all and started a little game to introduced everybody to each other which worked incredibly well.

In terms of food I ordered the Steak and my wife the Lamb. My wife could not speak highly enough of her steak although I am sad to say that I was slightly disappointed with my steak. It was cooked OK, I don't think anything more could have been done it was just an average cut of meat. In terms of the other food both my wife and I were very impressed.

Overall an excellent trip with very knowledgeable staff, if you're in the area this is defiantly a trip I would recommend.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MrandMrsE10

Auckland Region, New Zealand
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“excellent night out”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Have joined this cruise a few times with different guests and also with my wife. the crew have an amazing way of creating a relaxing environment and the food is always tasty

Visited March 2013
Tauranga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ross F”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

About 15 years ago on a visit to our "swap" timeshare at Club Paihia, we decided being "boatie" people that we would eat out on the water on Darryls Dinner Cruise. Now that was an experience. Darryl is an ex sparkie from Auckland who decided he had had enough of the big smoke. He went to Paihia, bought a little flat bottom barge put a barbque and some tables and chairs on it and hey presto "D.D.C" was born. Nowdays it is a Queen Mary compared to the original but the cruise is just as good as ever. One leaves Paihia on dusk and you are taken up past Waitangi to the Haruru Falls while enjoying you own wines and beer and a choice of surf"n"turf and salads. All of this accompanied by Darryls lively and often hilarious commentary on the local fauna, bird life and past passengers. Definatly a must if in Paihia. We have done it 10 to 12 times in all. A wonderful experience.

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Evening”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Wow this dinner cruise was awesome! We highly enjoyed ourselves! Would have been nice to have a couple more people to mingle with but still enjoyed the company of those we meet! I had the lamb and it was serious the best piece of lamb ever! Was tempted to do the cruise again just for the food! The hosts were excellent and made us feel very welcome! Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great way to end the day”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Cruises up to Haruru falls and after the customary photo op, Darryl and the crew proceeded to serve up dinner. While it is a set piece menu, what is offered is really good. All of us enjoyed our dinner, the jokes from Darryl and his crew.

Visited September 2013