“nice chicken kebabs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

nice food, atmosphere and great staff. My partner didn't like his steak just said it was tasteless. Would go there again on next visit to Paihia.

milkgvy, Manager at Jimmy Jack's Rib Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hi Lindylu

Good you enjoyed the chicken kebabs and sorry your partner was less than impressed with the steak.
Perhaps the biggest problem a restaurant manager has is satisfying as many tastes as possible.
You just have to make a choice and go with it right or wrong.

Look foward to seeing you again.

Regards Les

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I go there as much as i can, specially Tuesday they have a special on ribs, and they are the BEST !!

Hi Manuel,

Great you like the ribs over 99% of customers love them so obviosly we are doing something right. We do the tuesday 241 during winter.

Regard Les and staff

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner here. We happened to end up here on a Tuesday where they have a 2 for 1 deal going on one of their rib meals. The meal is normally $20 so you get two for this price. The ribs were succulent and juicy and the sauce was amazing. The entre was very nice also. Calamari cooked very well. The most impressive thing about the place in my opinion was the staff. We truly felt welcome in Paihia because of the staff here. Very well done. See you next week :)

Hello Hayden,

Thankyou so much I am blessed to have such good staff who get it very right most of the time and have fun doing it.

Best wishes from the staff

Les

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Service was great but the ribs were very ordinary. The chips were soggy and I realize that is a personal preference. Regardless it didn't suit us very well.

3  Thank maltby_pass

Hi Maltby,

Sorry you did not like our ribs. They are different from what you would get in the US. The vast majority of our customers love them.
I do have to ask though why does your personal taste justify a 'terrible' rating?? Seems a bit harsh.
Anyway best wishes Les

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack absolutely stuffed. I had full rack of ribs with beef skewers. The beef was so tender. The ribs were the best I've ever tasted. My wife and daughter had the fish and chips which were also incredible great tasting beer batter. The waiter and waitress shared the duties for the restaurant and bar, they were working so hard, they kept up with service were polite and professional throughout.

No nonsense good food, big portions, great atmosphere and service

Hello Ataboy,

We built our reputation on big portions. Dont you just hate going out to eat then having to put the toaster on when you get home?

Regards Les