“awesome stuff/ super prestation”
Review of Paihia Dive

Paihia Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Paihia Dive in the Bay of Islands is the Far North of New Zealand's premier dive centre and it is our great pleasure to show you all the underwater wonders of this beautiful part of NZ. We offer trips to the spectacular Rainbow Warrior - the jewel of the north aboard our fully equipped dive RIB 'Aka Maru', which takes only 7 minutes from the shore to reach the dive site.Dive The HMNZS Canterbury, New Zealand’s last Frigate to be purpose sunk for diving. Sunk almost 5 years ago, she is covered in jewel anemones and sponges. This wreck is massive and well worth diving!Dive the Bay of Islands with the longest running dive charter operation. Paihia Dive has been taking divers under since 1978, and Craig has been diving in the Bay for 25 years. For a true local experience join Paihia Dive for a day diving. Learn to dive with the best! Paihia Dive is a PADI 5 Star Resort. All our dive courses are taught by experienced instructors, and the classes are nice and small. Start your Open Water Course today!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Tutukaka, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“awesome stuff/ super prestation”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

5 stars for the dives (Canterbury wreck and Putahataha island) / 5 étoiles pour les plongées
5 stars for the crew: professionnal and friendly / 5 étoiles pour l'équipe: professionelle et sympa
5 stars for the marine life / 5 étoiles pour la vie marine
(5 stars for the music on board too :)!/ et 5 étoiles pour la musique à bord :)

thanks guys for this awesone day out in Bay of islands!

1 Thank Marine R

Auckland, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day out!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A really wonderful dive team with fantastic locations available to those diving with them. I had a truly amazing day out with Paihia Dive. From the very first contact with them at the shop I was impressed with their attention to detail -they carefully checked my old equipment, and anything I was lacking in, they were easily able to issue me, with good quality gear. Their boat briefing paid good attention to safety and they made sure we had a comfortable ride out to the site. I am not normally very keen on wrecks but we were given an excellent dive brief and they were very sensitive to any issues that I might have. As it turned out I loved diving the Canterbury - it was a beautiful wreck with tons of marine life - those jewel anemones were amazing - and there is lots of light inside for those who might be concerned about feeling claustrophobic! Our surface interval took us out to view the 'hole in the rock' as an added bonus, and then the second dive on the reef was beautiful with large numbers of fish everywhere and a nice little cave visit. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate was supplied immediately after each dive and I also purchased the lunch from them which was both good value and delicious. I cannot recommend them highly enough. It was the best day out I have had in months!!

1 Thank sashahk47
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent all round experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Paihia dive are a very friendly, professionally ran dive centre. All staff are keen to ensure a good experience is had. Of course the wrecks are well worth a visit however there is a lot of interesting reef diving opportunities around the various islands too.

1 Thank alice c
Napier, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had a great time with the team. I felt safe at all times. As a new diver this was very important to me. I can defitnetley recommend Paihia Dive! Thanks for a great day - I wish I had more time to dive here in New Zealand.

1 Thank Stine_Lindholm
Greenville, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great father - son dive experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We booked our dive at the last minute for the last stop of our NZ cruise. The Paihia Dive team was very responsive to set everything up, including pick-up from our tender dock. My 11-year-old had just become jr. open water certified. Craig, Tanya and Craig's son all made him feel very comfortable aboard the boat and below the water. One could not have asked for a better day on the water. Also critical was getting back to our cruise ship on time - we got there with plenty of time to spare. Would definitely recommend.

Visited March 2014