“Rainbow Warrior & Cavalli Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paihia Dive

Paihia Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Paihia Dive in the Bay of Islands is the Far North of New Zealand's premier dive centre and it is our great pleasure to show you all the underwater wonders of this beautiful part of NZ. We offer trips to the spectacular Rainbow Warrior - the jewel of the north aboard our fully equipped dive RIB 'Aka Maru', which takes only 7 minutes from the shore to reach the dive site.Dive The HMNZS Canterbury, New Zealand’s last Frigate to be purpose sunk for diving. Sunk almost 5 years ago, she is covered in jewel anemones and sponges. This wreck is massive and well worth diving!Dive the Bay of Islands with the longest running dive charter operation. Paihia Dive has been taking divers under since 1978, and Craig has been diving in the Bay for 25 years. For a true local experience join Paihia Dive for a day diving. Learn to dive with the best! Paihia Dive is a PADI 5 Star Resort. All our dive courses are taught by experienced instructors, and the classes are nice and small. Start your Open Water Course today!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rainbow Warrior & Cavalli Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Great experience! Craig and crew extremely friendly and always willingly to make the most and the best! Many many thanks! The dives were great!!!

1 Thank Sashi B

Bangkok, Thailand
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Without a doubt some of the best diving I've ever done, with some of the friendliest and most attentive professionals I've ever met. Craig and his team run a fantastic shop, and with their help I was able to enjoy some of the stunning beauty that only New Zealand can offer. This was my first experience with wreck diving, and thanks to this group I felt safe and in good hands the entire team. Truly an epic trip!

1 Thank Justin W
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Incredible day of diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome day from start to finish. Relaxed feel to everything, lovely friendly staff who were very knowledgable, helpful and fun! Great dives, felt safe , good gear and very informed In the briefing. Comfortable trip and awesome day!
Definatly would dive with these guys again!!!

1 Thank Ann C
Tutukaka, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“awesome stuff/ super prestation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

5 stars for the dives (Canterbury wreck and Putahataha island) / 5 étoiles pour les plongées
5 stars for the crew: professionnal and friendly / 5 étoiles pour l'équipe: professionelle et sympa
5 stars for the marine life / 5 étoiles pour la vie marine
(5 stars for the music on board too :)!/ et 5 étoiles pour la musique à bord :)

thanks guys for this awesone day out in Bay of islands!

1 Thank Marine R
Auckland, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

A really wonderful dive team with fantastic locations available to those diving with them. I had a truly amazing day out with Paihia Dive. From the very first contact with them at the shop I was impressed with their attention to detail -they carefully checked my old equipment, and anything I was lacking in, they were easily able to issue me, with good quality gear. Their boat briefing paid good attention to safety and they made sure we had a comfortable ride out to the site. I am not normally very keen on wrecks but we were given an excellent dive brief and they were very sensitive to any issues that I might have. As it turned out I loved diving the Canterbury - it was a beautiful wreck with tons of marine life - those jewel anemones were amazing - and there is lots of light inside for those who might be concerned about feeling claustrophobic! Our surface interval took us out to view the 'hole in the rock' as an added bonus, and then the second dive on the reef was beautiful with large numbers of fish everywhere and a nice little cave visit. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate was supplied immediately after each dive and I also purchased the lunch from them which was both good value and delicious. I cannot recommend them highly enough. It was the best day out I have had in months!!

1 Thank sashahk47