We left our bookings til the last minute, and this was one of the few available, affordable places in Paihia over the holiday week. (The prices appeared to be unreasonably jacked up everywhere.) The lobby was nice, modern and clean, and the manager on duty could not have been nicer or more helpful with directions, advice, etc. The pool area looked nice from afar, but we didn't use it. We had high hopes for the room, but alas... we were on the ground floor, and our view was of the very cramped parking lot and the back of a concrete building. The room itself was of a decent size, but very outdated. It was the only room, in all of our travels throughout NZ, that didn't have a kitchenette. It did have a fridge and an electric kettle. No kitchen sink. A French Press coffee maker, two coffee mugs, two wine glasses and two teaspoons. That's it. The wine glasses smelled like they had been washed with bath soap in the bathroom sink. Ugh. The carpeting and furniture were dingy, and the shower fixtures were quite badly rusted. The family upstairs sounded like a herd of elephants, but I guess you can't fault the hotel for that. On the up side, the bed was comfortable, and the location was great - walking distance to town, waterfront, ferry to Russell. Small consolation; we would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands, New Zealand