- The location is overall pretty good: a short (flat) walk to the center of town
- The rooms are clean and spacious
- Pool and sauna
- Our room was fairly quiet on the first night; on the second, we could hear some noise from the backpackers, but it wasn't too loud. Not sure what it would be like in other rooms.
- Free off-street parking
- Staff not very friendly (unusual in our experience so far in New Zealand)
- Seemed expensive for what it is
- In the backpacker part of town, so lots of bars (one advertising nightly karaoke and wet T shirt contests), no good restaurant options
Overall, it felt like a generic motel without the character and warmth that we've found in most other accommodations in NZ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands, New Zealand