We stayed here as a couple for 2 nights in the aftermath of Cyclone Lusi. Norm and Shelagh gave us a warm welcome after our "bus flight" up from Auckland (Kerikeri airport was closed, so Air NZ put on a bus instead from Auckland Airport). From then on, they were unfailingly helpful with advice about places to see and how to get there, recommendations for a nice place to eat after a long day's travel, and even an offer to drop us off at the restaurant. Down in central Paihia they were still cleaning up days after the storm, but up at Cook's Lookout all was peaceful and serene - and once the storm had passed over, the view was as magnificent as the website promised (the view of starry skies at night was equally amazing.) We enjoyed the room and the view and also enjoyed chatting to Norm and Shelagh about their life in Paihia and what brought them here. Thanks again,warmly recommended. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand