We arrived to be introduced and greeted by Norm who then introduced Shelagh. This welcoming gesture is not something we have experienced before from moteliers and certainly made us feel welcome. They provided good advice as to dining which we used over our two night stay.
We were unit 6 which was an upgrade suggested by them and is one we are glad we took up. The view of Waitangi, Russell & the Bay of Islands is magnificent and one you could never tire of, by day or by night. We also enjoyed the quiet location while only being a short drive to town.
As mentioned the units are dated but have been updated inside, are clean and tidy and had everything we needed plus great water pressure for those showers.
We would most definitely stay again and recommend Norm & Shelaghs great motel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand