We recently stayed at Cook's Lookout, Paihia, New Zealand - the welcome was friendly, and the accommodation was quite comfortable, although not ultra modern in style. It was clean and all the facilities you need were available. We were fortunate to stay in the accommodation with the best views over the Bay of Islands - and as per the website info we could see the magnificent view whilst lying in bed! There was a patio area with table and chairs where you could sit out and admire the views. It was a very peaceful location and only a short drive to the centre of paihia, where we sampled some very nice meals - Lips Restaurant recommended by the owner of Cook's Lookout was especially good. There is a communal outside pool area with loungers, and BBQ area if required. The road up to the accommodation is quite steep, but hence the wonderful views. We would definitely stay again if we are lucky enough to return to New Zealand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand