“A fantastic ocean view across the Bay.”
Review of Bayview Motel

Bayview Motel
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Reviewed 27 September 2007

We stayed at the Bay View Motel in June 2007 for 4 nights; fantastic view overlooking the bay. Rose the owner told us that she had only taken over the lease in February 2007. The decor we understand will gradually be upgraded to 21st century standards. We feel that we did obtain value for money accommodation since this was out of season. The shower was great too! The only set back during our stay was a certain lack of adequate heating; however I am sure that this will be put right in the near future. Rose was a very pleasant person and I am sure she would want her business to succeed by providing a 100% commitment to customer care. Hopefully, one day in the future we would return again; however, this time we would try to book during the summer period.

Also not forgetting Munty (beautiful and loving cat!)....We hope to see him again....had a great time with Munty!

All the very best for the future....Grace and Len Martin (England)

Stayed: June 2007

Reviewed 30 July 2007

We have just experienced the most wonderful few days at the Bayview Motel at Paihia. What a magnificent spot! The view is world-class, the units are absolutely spotless, there are unlimited activities within walking distance of the motel, and if you can have a break away which is totally relaxing as well as totally exciting, then we've just had it! But as everyone who has ever stayed in a motel knows, you can have the most wonderful setting, but if the hospitality is second-class, so is the holiday. Rose, at the Bayview couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. All our excursions were booked for us efficiently and with much-needed advice on which activities were available and would most suit our needs and timetables. Our every need was seen to promptly and with the minimum of fuss. This without doubt would have to be the best Motel we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in plenty. Well done, Rose, A+++ for you!! Good luck with your modernisation programme, and we will be seeing you again next year if not before!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 June 2007

Lovely motel in the beuatiful Bay of Islands. Rose is a superb host who catered for our every need. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Ours had a wonderful view of the Bay. At this time of the year (NZ winter) this motel presented very good value for money. We had an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
Thanks Rose

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hutchies
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I stayed at the Bay View Motel in March '07 with many family members and friends that were in Paihia attending a wedding. We wanted to make a holiday out of the time we had there and couldn't have been happier staying at the Bay View Motel.

This motel is SERIOUSLY close to the town centre - I'm talking about a 1 minute walk if that!!! If you want to stay close to shops, resaurants, the wharf and activities then Bay View is probably the closest motel.

The motel also has a fantastic view of the bay looking out directly over to Russell. The rooms get heaps of sun throughout the day, and we often sat on the huge balconies eating breakfast each morning. Also, all rooms have full kitchen and cooking facilities which is great if you want to save money from eating out all the time.

The motel also has a recently refurbished spa, which you can book out when you want to use it, and the owner, Rose can arrange sightseeing trips and activites like the Hole in the Rock and fishing excursions - she'll work out the best deal for you and book with no bother. This saves a lot of time and hassle going around each company trying to see who has the better deals.

Overall, this motel was clean, comfortable and in the very best location in Paihia. My partner and I have booked another stay at the Bay View Motel for this October, and when I called to book, the owner told me that she's undergone renovations including new beds, bedding and carpet and painting.

Definitely looking forward to retuning to the Bay View Motel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Eva111
Reviewed 16 June 2007

I flew to the Bay of Islands for a short holiday, took a taxi to Paihia and chose the Bayview Motel for its waterfront location and proximity to the township. As it turned out, my random selection couldn't have been more fortunate.
I give the owner, Rose, 110% for effort and friendly service. She went out of her way to assist with advice about what to do in the township and where to go in the wider Bay area. Nothing was a bother, all enquiries met with a friendly smile.
The room had a great view of the Bay and was spacious and warm, with sun morning and afternoon. The cleaning service was unobtrusive but very thorough. A top base for spending time in the Bay of Islands and one I will certainly look to stay in again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2006

Situated in a great position with a lovely view of the Bay of Islands, the Bay View Motel is typical of many privately owned motels in NZ: very well cared for, extremely clean but in need of an update. It would have been a courtesy to have been told on booking that an extension of the Kingsgate Hotel was being built within 10 metres of the motel during our stay, but I am sure that by the next season the building work will have been finished. It is also irritating to find that GST tax was not included in the price quoted especially in a tourist motel where the likelyhood is that the tax could not be reclaimed. However, the motel is a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank Welsh Peter
baywatcher2, New Owner at Bayview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2007

Hi there. I took over the ownership of the Bayview Motel on 1st February this year and would like to thank for your honest and constructive feedback. I fully agree that the motel was in need of a serious update and would just like to let you know that it is being painted inside and out, as I write! New carpets have been laid and I now have new beds, bedding and linen. It is my goal and passion to make this motel as comfortable, welcoming and memorable as possible and already I've had fantastic feedback from people who have been coming here for many years. If you ever come back to Paihia, I'd love you to come and see all the improvements I've made. You would be most welcome.
Kind regards