“Friendly and helpful”

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Friendly and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The manageress, Barbara, was lovely; very friendly and helpful. It was raining so we weren't up for a cruise round the islands but she came up with lots of alternatives for us to do. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The coffee/tea etc was all Fair Trade, the rug was funky and sparkly, there were BBQs and a DVD library for our use and the whole place had been treated to stop insects/bugs coming in - heaven for someone like me who is petrified on creepy crawlies! Hope to go back again and certainly happy to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Pearl of the Bay, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Billie & Drew - thank you so much for your review. I would love to see you both return and please contact me directly, if you are planning to do so. I hope the rest of your sightseeing in the area went well. Best wishes Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

we experienced a very pleasant stay at the bali hai. the rooms are well furnished, highly practical with an amazing ocean views from your personal balcony. a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive to the centre of paihia. the hospitably provided to us over the duration of our stay was warm and welcoming wit

Room Tip: room number 8 or 9. these rooms are optimal for view and access to the bbq area
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
HI Callum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. Our BBQ's are on wheels, so can be moved closer to a room if required. Hope to see you both again.
Best wishes
Barbara
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent two enjoyable nights at this delightful motel. Barbara made us most welcome, she even folded some of our washing (what an angel) we would certainly recommend this to anybody wishing to stay in the Bay of Islands area. THANKS BARBARA
Regards Carol & John

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks Carol & John, yes when you are on holiday, sometimes the mundane chores like folding the washing can be mysteriously resolved:) Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Best wishes Barbara
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The response and assistance from Barbara to our initial booking inquiries was great as the third member of our family is a miniature Dachshund. We were very well received on arrival and quickly accommodated, including parking for our car which is a bit high to park under the units. The rooms were well appointed and spotlessly clean. The bathroom would look good in any five star establishment. The added extras like freely available videos and BBQ paraphernalia including oil and spices on the covered back deck were a life saver. Pahia township and the nearest beach are easy to walk to and the information provided on local facilities is good. Barbara gave us a good send off and is open to suggestions and new ideas. We will be back.

Room Tip: Barbara kindly suggested the best room for our needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you next time. Best wishes Barbara
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I, along with our 3 adult children, traveled to New Zealand for vacation this year. We spent 2 nights at the Bali Hai Motel while visiting the Bay of Islands. We very much enjoyed our stay. Barbara is an excellent, thoughtful host. We rented one of her 2 bedroom units, so we didn't have to arrange for multiple units. It had a nice kitchen - we didn't do much cooking, but it was great to have a refrigerator and be able to eat cereal in the morning. The unit was comfortable, clean, and practical; conveniently located close to town. I would highly recommend the place to others looking for a place to stay near the Bay of Islands.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DanaRoode
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Pearl of the Bay, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dana
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate your positive feedback about myself and the property. I trust you and your family had a safe trip back to California, and I hope you can visit Paihia and the Bali Hai again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I spotted this place form the road and am very glad I did. It was a lovely place to have a break and would be even better in the summer as there was a large area at the back for BBQs.

I stayed in room 1 which was nicely decorated and very clean, with a fantastic kitchen area with everything you could need. There were electric blankets, heaters and lots of spare blankets so it was nice and cosy in the evening too. I made full use of the DVD library which I thought was really cool for chilling out in the evening.

It's a 5 minute walk into Paihai centre or 1 minute the other was to another small beach which was beautiful and quite. Barbara was a fantastic host who really made me feel at home, I look forward to going back again next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Pearl of the Bay, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hello Sarah
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I appreciate it and glad that you found your stay relaxing. The nearest beach walk is lovely, and I am glad you discovered it.
Thanks and see you next time. Best wishes Barbara
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were staying 2 nights at the Bali Hai Motel as a holiday. It was very good places to had a rest.
And good location, view is good, especially in the morning sunrise and fog are fantastic.
But I just suggest that it should have hot pool to having rest during winter season. After driving, we need a hot water pool in order to relax our bodies. That's my comment only for you. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: In front of the room for choose having sunny day.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Pearl of the Bay, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Sungho
GamSa Habni Da (thank you) for your review. It made me smile.
I am sorry you did not manage to get to Ngawha springs, the nearest hot pools, as I mentioned
they are very good value.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I wish you and your family a safe trip
back to Korea. Warm regards Barbara