My wife and I chose an the Blue Pacific for an off-season getaway on the North Island sandwiched in between two of my business trips -- it was a perfect choice. You've read about and seen beautiful bay views in other reviews, which are exactly as advertised, but I'd like to relay a story that speaks a little about the value of service.
Being between business trips totaling 6 weeks away from home, I found it important to select a getaway spot that in addition to a peaceful surrounding offers a few functional advantages, such as a kitchen, laundry and good Internet access to keep in touch with my business.
The kitchen in our room at the Blue Pacific was small, but appropriately outfitted for light cooking, but we had a small problem with the other two elements: the laundry and Internet service in our room. There is one small misnomer on the property's website that states all rooms are equipped with clothes washer and dryer. In reality, all rooms are equipped with a washer and all but one with a dryer, unfortunately the 1 br corner unit we had booked. The need for a quick turnaround to launder all of my clothes with no dryer compounded by a wet an rainy season presented a little trouble for me, as did Internet service that was not functioning in some of the apartments furtherest away from the rental office (for technical reasons that are not necessary to explain here).
When relaying our concerns to the owner, he moved us to another room with both a dryer and working Internet connection -one larger than we had booked- without so much as raising an eyebrow. With my laundry done and email checked, I was able to enjoy my break before continuing on. It was perfect.
Things rarely go as planned, and rarer still on an island in the Pacific (my wife and I live on a different one, we know), but most important is how you deal with adversity. At the Blue Pacific, problems are dealt with effortlessly -- that's what counts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 10 Apartments offer spectacular and unrivalled vistas of the Bay of Islands including The Waitangi Treaty Grounds and historic Russell as guests relax and restore in comfort and style.Our exquisite waterfront location overlooks Paihias most popular swimming beach and out to the Pacific ocean, and is a leisurely 12 minute stroll to the centre of Paihia for shopping, cafes, restaurants, and the wharf area for Tours and Cruises.Each of our 1,2, or 3 bedroom Apartments offers a fully equipped luxury Italian styled kitchen and bathroom(s), own laundry (washer and dryer). Flat screen TV's, Sky TV,free Wifi and Broadband. Each has a private balcony with uninterrupted views, and is equipped with a BBQ and outdoor furniture. Four apartments include jacuzzi's outdoor on the balcony with 1 inside and two include spa baths inside their second bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia Hotel Paihia
- Blue Pacific Apartments Hotel Paihia
- Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia Bay Of Islands, New Zealand