“An excellent motel..one of the best in New Zealand”
Review of Bounty Motel

Bounty Motel
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Scott Moore and his fine son and daughter provide hospitality in a very clean, quit environment. I don't hesitate to give them my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: On the second level with a view
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 March 2011

10 Grandmothers (8 from the Kapiti Coast and 2 from Tauranaga) ventured to the far north having driven from Auckland Airport to the lovely Bay of Islands.
The Bounty Inn was perfect accommodation for us with each lady having their own sleeping space (no sharing of rooms or beds!!!)
Scott Moore the Motel Manager was more than accommodating, very friendly and helpful.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this accommodation to anyone wanting to experience the far north.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank TiddlesWaikanae
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My elderly parents and a family friend recently stayed at the Bounty Inn. They were late arriving but Scott had hot dinners waiting for them , Thanks so much for this. This cheered them up after a very long road trip.. They had a downstairs unit easily accessed from the car - great for Mum with a walker - with a lovely balcony, complete with friendly cat ,facing the garden ,AND we were given a great deal. The beds were comfy and everything was clean.It was only 1 block from the beach and a few minutes walk to everything in town so the moble member of the group was happy too. We definately reccommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
PaihiaScotty, Owner at Bounty Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2011

Hi Driver01,
I feel sorry for them having to eat my beer can chicken.lol. Even though it has taken so long to post this reply I do remember you all and your parents just looked so tired from their trip we were happy to be able to help get them settled in without the worry dinner.
Thank you for the great review and all the best for you and the family in 2012.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

We stayed here as part of a short, organised trip to Paihia. When we were told we were staying here I was pleased to see all the good reviews.They did not let me down, the motel is of a high standard. We were given an upgrade and had a huge room, kitchen and shower room. All rooms fitted to a good standard, sheets fresh and spotless,kitchen eqipment plentiful.Wish we had longer!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello Piggygirl60,
It's a shame the excellent service you received is the let down by my taking so long to reply to your exceptional review. I am here today as Marilyn has gone on holiday and let me temporily into her office seat.
Thanks from Scott and the crew.Merry Xmas.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Great studio apartment with parking along side- comfortable sleep in quiet surroundings- really close to the town- thoughtful & attentive staff- relaxed atmosphere and very competitively priced against similar accommodation in area that we looked at before booking in- would certainly recommend and stay again in the future

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
PaihiaScotty, Owner at Bounty Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2011

Hi,
Thank you for your great review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at The Bounty Inn so much you came back a few days later and stayed with us again. I have to say the attitude and personality off the guests makes all the difference and you and your partner were as good as they come in that respect and it was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

In January 2011 my wife and I celebrated our 19th anniversary with a stay at the Bounty Inn Pahia.
The accommodation was excellent & ‘mine hosts’, Scott & Brett made the stay extra special. For friendliness, comfort, cleanliness and efficiency, you couldn’t go past this motel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jovialme

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us for your anniversary and we appreciate you taking the time to post this great comment. (PS.The champayne is chilling in the fridge for your 20th.)
Thanks again Scott.

Reviewed 26 December 2010

I stayed at the Bounty Inn for 2 nights and on the 2nd night there it featured on NZTV One's "Hotel - SOS"....which was my favourite show for my 3 weeks in NZ. It was funny seeing the Hotel SOS team of so-called experts trying to wind Scott up by giving him out of character things to do. Scott, you did well!!! You passed with flying colours in my opinion.
Scott is the most amazing motellier. He is friendly and so helpful...booking tours, upgrading us free of charge to a room with a view... and he is welcoming for the weary traveller. He is also very down-to-earth and genuine and I would say a bit of a character as well.

He and his brother (co-owners) have plans to modernise the rooms but the rooms are more than adequate as they are. They are clean and tidy and well appointed and far more modern than some I stayed at in NZ. The location of the motel is one street back from the waterfront which means it is a bit quieter. It is a very short, few minute walk to the jetty and shops.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Hi Anne,
Wow, what can i say to such nice things being said about you except thanks. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the show which took some living down. If my memory serves me right it was you and your mother that stayed with us and i hope you are all well.
scott(ps Brett says hi)