We stayed in many motels during our time in NZ and this was by far the best.
The service was excellent, snf nothing was ever too much trouble for the hosts, the facilities included free kayak hire, guest spa, free dvd hire, guest bbq all of which we were able to use.
The rooms were excellent, we stayed in 2 different rooms as a result of extending our stay and both were excellent.
Location wise the motel is not quite in the heart of Paihia but only a pleasant 10 minute coasal walk away, but is few mins walk from beach, Woolworths, and 15 mins walk from Waitangi Treaty grounds.
We would not hesitate to stay here again and would certainly recommend to anyone visiting the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated motel located at the northern entrance to Paihia. 50 meters from a lovely swimming beach. All units self contained and air conditioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay of Islands Gateway Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Of Islands Gateway Hotel Paihia
- Bay Of Islands Gateway Motel Paihia, New Zealand