“Sometimes good sometimes not”
Review of Hansen's Cafe

Hansen's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 60 Restaurants in Paihia
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This place is hard to rate and we ate here 3 times. Once it was great and the other 2x was really awful. The waitress messed up the order (pizza with no nuts) and then offered to pick them off when it arrived with nuts. As I am deadly allergic I declined but she kept picking saying it would be fine. Reluctantly, she got us another pizza.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The only positive thing I can say is that the view is great bc it's on the water. The seafood chowder was truly inedible. Just a thick, creamy of nastiness with a few microscopic pieces of fish (I think. Who knows what it really was). The waitress was rude and didn't answer a simple question but just walked away. The pizza was soft and floppy over 90% of the crust. Don't go there!

1  Thank Gioia p
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I had a pizza at Hansen's Cafe that made me sick. I bought the most expensive pizza with prawns and as we all know, prawns are rather sensitive to how the are kept. Except from that pizza, my friend and I had the same food for the day before, the day of the visit to Hansen's and the day after. Therefore, I can say for sure that the pizza caused the diarrhoea. The grumpy lady at the café didn't want to talk to me about it and didn't show any sympathy when I went there to complain the day after. The only positive thing is the beautiful view from the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hansen's offer a big breakfast at a very reasonable price. Two of everything and very tasty, with a bottomless cup of coffee as well.

1  Thank earthsinger
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Probably the best breakfast fare in Paihia at reasonable prices. Situated within the Fullers complex