“Fish and chips”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Had very nice fish and chips with a glass of wine. Staff were very attentive and did not hurry us even though we were the last in the building.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Lovely menu choice and very fresh modern take on the food which was delicious. Service was very friendly and we would go there again.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

The place looked a bit rustic but the sign out the front states it’s an ‘award winning restaurant’ so in I trotted. Ordered an $8.00 Corona and was told I couldn’t have lime in at as limes were expensive?? Started with some garlic / pesto bread which came out burnt. My fillet steak was poorly cooked and the beef was certainly not a restaurant quality cut (Pack-n-Save do far better), the tempura vegtables were so bad I almost went back to my hotel to fetch my camera. Stodgy, soggy batter of some sort covering god only knows what. I left the lot, pondering if the American girl serving would ask about the meal as she cleared the table, her only comment was “well done”…………….obviously she had eaten there too!!!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Never got around to the back street for a feed, it was worth the effort, good specials and good staff, well worth it.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We first went to Lips for an evening meal. We were stunned by the quality of the cooking and presentation. A like meal back home would have cost twice as much. We didn't hesitate returning for a lunch visit but this time the food was nothing out of the ordinary. Appreciate though a venue that happily agrees to provide salad in lieu of fries.