“Brilliant.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As anyone who reads my reviews will realise I am a great fan of fish so if it is well cooked & presented a restaurant will always get the thumbs up from me.
This place serves up great fish. I had tuna with a soy & cashew nut dressing & salad ($31). The tuna was presented rare (as requested) and was a huge steak. The other main of Hapuka (a local fish) cooked with tomatoes & mustard ($31) was fantastic too. We shared a nice crispy portion of fries.
A dessert of chocolate mousse with berries at $14.50 was worth every penny.
Overall a lovely meal eaten outside on a summer evening which was memorable.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Food very average for the prices had a lovely local Pinot Gris with our meal which we really enjoyed however service was very average I know it's your off season but pretty ordinary for the server to be having dinner with another table

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went to "Only Seafood" after it being recommended on a recent trip to NZ. The ambience was lovely and don't get me wrongt the meal was very nice, the seafood lovely and fresh as you would expect. The service was only adequate on my rating. Seriously for the prices, I would expect considerably better meals and service.

1  Thank cr8on4
Reviewed 30 June 2014

one dish was great, the other not so great. The bread had a weird taste. Good service. All in all: average.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here for our anniversary. I had yellowfin tuna and she had scallops and bacon. I have never had better seafood in my life. Great restaurant! Beautiful setting. Very classy! Loved it!