“Motivated crew and good food”

Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Paihia
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Restaurant & Bar is centrally located in the heart of Paihia. with breathtaking views over Russell & outer islands. Watch the sun set over the bay with local & award winning New Zealand wines fresh seafood, prime meats, vegetarian & gluten free options
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Took salmon and filet and both were cooked good (especially salmon was really top)! Crew is young but happy to work and very friendly!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday night. It was busy but good service & good food. Would happily eat here again. We had the fish & chips & the seafood chowder with a local bottle of wine.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We live in the area and operate accommodation. We regularly refer guests to The Waterfront and they are never disappointed. We have dined ourselves several times and always enjoyed great service and superb food. A gem.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were surprised at the quality of the food offered at the Waterfront Restaurant, which had been recommended by our B&B hostess at Chalet Romantica. Great food! Service was a bit slow and awkward as the wait staff seemed to be mostly students, but otherwise a great experience.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I'm a regular traveller to Paihia spending three nights a week in the area. Previously I have eaten at many of the establishments in Paihia but none of them has produced food appetising enough to entice me back for regular meals. I returned because I had run out of options.

Then I found the Waterfront Restaurant. I now eat there regularly two nights out of the three I spend in the area each week. I like the menu because it is varied and I can work my way thru it and not have to eat the same thing night after night. I especially enjoy the risotto which is only on the menu as a special occasionally - which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Why don't you come and check out one of the best Maitre de's in Northland? You wont be disappointed.