“Wonderful return to Rotorua”
Review of B&B @ The Redwoods

B&B @ The Redwoods
Ranked #2 of 52 Rotorua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed with Vivien when I visited Rotorua over two years ago. On this trip, everything is just as good. The room is immaculate, with touches that would rival fine hotels. Vivien's legendary breakfasts, especially on the beautiful terrace, are still something to talk about long after you get back home. It is so easy when people ask me where to stay in Rotorua. Where else but with Viv?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The Redwoods is one of two B & B s that we have recently stayed at in Rotorua. They were different but both equally good.

We stayed at the Redwoods for 2 nights and chose it because we needed somewhere close to the city. It is just a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute or so walk but being away from the city is very quiet.

The guest accommodation is part of but separate from the rest of the house and has its own entrance. The rooms are spacious, clean, very well appointed and there is a large guest lounge diner where breakfast is served. We didn't have the opportunity enjoy the small garden area but on a summer evening sitting the deck with a glass of wine would be very pleasant.

Vivian is the most excellent host for whom nothing is too much trouble.

If you are looking for somewhere conveniently close to the city then we would have no hesitation in recommending The Redwoods.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Vivien is a natural host and went out of her way to make my stay that extra bit special. As well as advising me of the best locations locally to view and take in the scenery, Vivien cooked a really delicious evening meal which was most welcome and included the best rhubarb and apple crumble I have ever tasted.

The room and accommodation is of a high standard, comfortable and well maintained, with the house location in a quite area just outside Rotorua. Also, the Redwoods Forest is within a short walking distance and is a great place to walk through.

I travelled in New Zealand for three weeks, staying at a number of different places on the North and South islands. The Redwoods B&B was good value for money and if I do ever get to go back to Rotorua, I would be more than happy to book a second night. And if you ask nicely, I'm sure Vivien will cook a great evening meal for you to round off your day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Redwoods B and B in April 2013. Vivian was very welcoming and gave us good advice on what to see and do while we were in Rotorua. The room was very comfortable and breakfast superb. When you are in Rotorua we would recommend staying at The Redwoods.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This was our FAVORITE place of all the places we stayed in New Zealand. We will definitely be back to see Vivien. Not only was the room fantastic, but its a smaller B&B which meant that we were looked after amazingly well. Vivian is a fantastic host who took time out to make SURE we had a fantastic time. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the area and things that were available for us to do. She even arranged a last minute horseback riding experience for us in the middle of Easter and then drove us there and back. Did I mention she took us on a fantastic side tour to show us some amazing local spots on our way back? Oh and if this wasnt enough, Vivian made us FRESH BAKED GOODS...and when we were away for her world famous hot cross buns..she made us a fresh batch to make sure we didnt miss out. I cant recommend this B&B enough. The location is wonderful. We were very happy to be in such a quiet neighborhood so near to the Redwood forest. The rooms were so wonderfully taken care of it was like walking into a newly renovated apartment. There was even a little patio attached to our room. If your looking for a great place to stay where you will be very well taken care of this IS the place for you! Thank you so much Vivian for everything! We've talked about you so much to all our friends and family that we're already planning another trip back to see you!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I just visit this B& B on last month and this is my first time to New Zealand.For sure I have good stay in here.The room and bathroom which so clean, and tidy and with a great lookout to the garden .I am so enjoy to have red wine and snacks in the garden with my husband.
When I arrival to there,Vivien already prepare her home make cake for us.She is so friendly and good recommendation for either delicious food or sightseeing.( with some discount cuponds).
I also like the unlimited free wifi.You can't believe after I go to Queenstown and Christchurch. Most of the hotel 's free wifi only with 50m.
Sure I have wonderful time with Vivien.I will miss her great looking and delicious breakfast.
I highly recommend her B&B to everybody who would like to stay in Rotorua .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is THE place to stay if you have young kids.
Firstly, the accommodation is beautiful, comfortable, modern and spotless with onsite parking and excellent internet speed. Secondly, the location is fantastic; very close to town but out of the way enough not to smell the sulfur fumes (personally, I could barely stand these in town). Quiet and located right next to the beautiful Redwoods and stunning Blue and Green Lakes. The whole house is very child-friendly and the tyre swing and tree house in the garden and toy box in the living room delighted our two year old for hours. Then there is Vivien herself, Having been travelling for 6 weeks and having experienced many lovely B&Bs on our travels, we were taken by surprise at how the warmth and calibre of this host raised our experience here above all the rest, She was extremely flexible and accommodating with all of our requests, and she truly loves children. She played games with our son and even let him keep a toy he became particularly attached to. I actually felt like I was getting a break from the constant needs of a toddler! She herself is an intelligent, interesting and inspiring person who loves to meet new people. The baked goods, personalised breakfast and expert local knowledge is just icing on the cake. It would be a mistake to miss this place.

Room Tip: Only two rooms, both on the ground floor and of equal loveliness.