B&B @ The Redwoods
  • Pool
US$126
US$110
  • Pool
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$90
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$92
Agoda.com
US$170
US$164
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$96
US$557
US$471
Priceline
All reviewsnew zealandother guestsexcellent hostessguest loungeplaces to visitwealth of informationatticus finchbreakfasts were greatbreakfast tablehelped us planhome away from homeperfect place to staymaori culturemountain bikingeach morningminute drivelounge area
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Lovely welcome from Vivien, who made you feel at home immediately. We were welcomed with tea and homemade cake and lots of information on the area and places to visit. Breakfast was excellent and sharing with other guests made the visit more special, especially with visitors from another country.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Vivien and Peter were wonderful hosts who looked after me perfectly. Vivien collected me from the bus station, gave sound advice on how to achieve my aims in the short time I had available and, despite a busy life with family and activities in the town, still had time to spend in conversation with her guests and make delicious cakes. Not content with all the above, she had a mischievous sense of humour.
I am happy to recommend The Redwoods B&B.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our first ever stay in a B&B and we had a very pleasant stay at B&B Redwoods, Rotorua. Vivien is a very welcoming host and made our family ( 2 adults and 2 young children) very much at home. Vivien was gracious to accommodate our last minute request for a vegetarian dinner for us which was delicious - her muffins deserve a special mention.

The rooms are located in the finished basement, with walk-out deck to a beautifully landscaped yard. The room is comfortable and well maintained. There is a tastefully decorated lounge and dining area where our kids played some toys provided by Vivien - big Thank You!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If we could have given 6 stars we would have. Vivien and Peter are kind, lovely and welcoming hosts. Vivien was most helpful in recommending activities and helping us book them. What a comfortable room and breakfast area. My daughter and I felt like we were staying with longtime friends. Thank you Vivien, Peter for making our stay memorable. We really felt the New Zealand hospitality here.
David and Davina
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
theredwoods, Owner at B&B @ The Redwoods, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi David & Davina

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, we are so glad to hear that you appreciated our hospitality and had enjoyed your time with us. I felt the same way as if I have known you both longtime ago while I was a university student in Waterloo. What a small world to meet you both in Rotorua, bringing me wonderful news of my old hometown! You were both amazing guests, so nice and easy to talk to, I enjoyed the chats and wished you could stay longer. Thank you so much for the delicious bottle of wine, I shared it with Peter, double delicious coming from Coopers Creek(wish we have shares in it!) No doubt I will return to visit Waterloo & Ottawa one day and will definately contact you. My special guests from Canada! We wish you all the best of wishes.
Kind regards, Vivien & Peter Cooper

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had wonderful stay here. Vivian greeted us with homemade cake and coffee on our arrival. Also provided us with maps and some suggestions on places to visit and restaurants. Was very helpful. Even provided us some discount coupons on some of the places we wanted to visit.

Location is within walking distance of the Redwood Park and short driving distance to downtown area. Was more upwind, so sulfur smell was less noticeable.

Parking was onsite. Room was nice size, ensuite bathroom with shower. Room was clean and had good wifi connection.

Vivian made hot breakfasts each morning and always asked what time worked for us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple