“AMAZING EXPERIENCE, SERVICE & VALUE”

River Rats Raft & Kayak
Book In Advance
More Info
US$77.64*
and up
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rats have been offering quality adventures for over 30 years. There’s something for everyone, from a gentle grade 2 scenic raft trip suitable for participants as young as 5 years old, through to full on grade 5 action featuring the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall. Kayaking is available as freedom hire or a guided tour. Paddle the local lakes to a secluded beach or enjoy a hot water swim only accessible by boat.
Seven Hills, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE, SERVICE & VALUE”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I am a travel agent for a large corporation, very rarely do I ever put up reviews or have a particular bias towards one or few companies. BUT LET ME TELL YOU!

HOLY COW! This was one of the most exhilarating, memorable, terrifying experiences of my life!

We started our day by heading to the office of River Rats in Rotorua, getting dressed into the wet-suit gear, taking photos and having a great laugh. The main raft guy comes out in his raft uniform and seriously I thought we were going to war, he looked like a swat guy from the LAPD, cracked me up!

We then jumped on the bus to head to the river (5 minute drive) on my particular bus I had a hilarious guide (who turned out to be on my raft - the poor guy) when we got to the river I was kacking it! Seriously [--] myself, but all was good.

In the raft we jump (literally) heading down stream we learn how to paddle (seriously, I couldn't work out which was forward paddling and which was back paddling AND I WAS AT THE FRONT!)

Ok so the first few rapids were fun but we stopped just before the BIG [--]! Let me just say, lucky we were in water, otherwise my pants would have been wet anyway! over we go......... OMG BEST THING EVER! 7 metre waterfall, screaming girls and our hilarious host.

Safetly coming up from the bottom of the river we looked back up at the waterfall and were like WE JUST DID THAT!

anyway at running the risk of making this already novel even longer i will just say this......

MUST DO FOR EVERY VISITOR TO ROTORUA! SO WORTH IT SERIOUSLY! IM GOING BACK :D

Visited November 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had never rafted before and wanted to try what's it like. I chose Kaituna, even though it was grade 5. I was little scared of the 7m waterfall, and of course our boat went upside down... ;) But had a time of my life and I would defenitely do it again! Guides came to pick me up from the hotel and were so nice! I really liked the fact that our group was so small, the guide did learn all our names and I did really feel that he was having a nice time also. I felt safe the hole time, even when I was in water and thinking that i'm going to drown. I knew that the crew will save me and that i'm ok. There is a professional photographer taking pictures and you can buy a cd with those pictures in it. Definitely worth buying, photoes were amazing and a nice memory of the amazing rafting tour with river rats! And special thanks for the crew, you are awsome!

Visited November 2013
Tokyo
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wildest ride”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I picked a Kaituna tour so that I can get a ride of my life. I was great. A variety of streams and waterfalls, slow and rapid, small and big. It was very nice of our guide to rotate our positions so that everyone can have equal fun.

We lost one paddle at some point, meaning one person had to sit through for some time. We could have recovered it, but the guide did not try to do it. It was very disappointing when it's your turn without your paddle. Also, one of the guides damaged my suitcase. So 4 stars at most.

Visited October 2013
RiverRatNZ, Owner at River Rats Raft & Kayak, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our trip. Its great to hear you enjoyed the rafting.
I have sent you a message to try and get some more information on the aspects of the trip that you were not happy with. I look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a group of four women who decided at the last minute we wanted to fit in quick kayak before we got on the road to Auckland for our flight back to Melbourne. Justin and the team made the experience so easy. Safety, comfort and friendly service are high priorities for this business.

“Glad I did it......”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly and informative crew. Great experince for novice and experienced alike. Loved it. Bonus to have the photos to re live the adventure!

1 Thank Gail O