“Well worth doing”

and up
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rats have been offering quality adventures for over 30 years. There’s something for everyone, from a gentle grade 2 scenic raft trip suitable for participants as young as 5 years old, through to full on grade 5 action featuring the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall. Kayaking is available as freedom hire or a guided tour. Paddle the local lakes to a secluded beach or enjoy a hot water swim only accessible by boat.
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Well worth doing”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went on a rafting trip with one other solo traveler and staff we still very accommodating with pick up from Rotorua with a short drive back the companies base. After a safety briefing and being equipped with a wetsuit and life jacket we were off. The do have a professional photographer that goes for photo which are good for a reasonable price. The rafting is pretty extreme especially with the 7m waterfall. I have done rafting before in Bali and this is much better with faster rapids.

Sanger, California
“Best Trip - Great Staff”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Justin,
Just wanted to let you know our US (California) kids made it back safely and they had a GREAT time. Thank you for taking my call and answering some questions I had about the trip.

The kids and staff just raved about the experience and the photos were awesome!

Hats off to you and your staff for your professionalism, care and safety. Having been on rivers all over the world and working on the Kings River in California for more than a decade I know how hard it is putting this together.

Your company is top class in our book. All the best!

Auckland, New Zealand
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was quite nervous as this was my first rafting trip! From the moment we walked through the doors of River Rats Raft & Kayak, I felt welcomed and comfortable with the adventure I was about to embark on. It was quite cold out and the team made sure we were as warm as can be with water proof jackets, sweaters and wet suits. Justin was our guide; he was very knowledgable of the river and the country. He made the trip so much fun with his humor and expertise. I would most definitely recommend this rafting company and activity to all visitors of Rotorua. I'll be booking my next rafting trip soon! Thanks again, Justin and the River Rats team!!

Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a fantastic time! Justin was a great guide giving us some history and a lot of information. Middle of winter and a rainy day and was the best part of the trip. Fun, exciting, everything and more. Would definitely do it again!

1 Thank LCleal2014
London
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A great experience even on a rainy day. We were welcomed by the team at River Rats and had Justin as our guide who was friendly, experienced and had great stories and facts about the river. We were well prepared for when our raft flipped at the big waterfall (this happens to some rafts but this added to the experience).