“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Auckland
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our extended family returned to this motel and stayed in several units over ten days in the Christmas holidays; we thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

Our repeat custom was based on our initial experience, which was repeated the second time. The staff were very friendly, accommodating in our requests and were generally interested.

The accommodation was clean and well-maintained and fairly quiet. We had a king sized bed which was very comfortable and slept well. This time I tried the spa; it filled up quickly and was relaxing, quiet and novelty.

The location makes it easily accessible to the shops and restaurants.

Thanks once again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I would highly recommend this motel to people looking for accommodation in Rotorua. Clean, reasonable rate, newly refurbished,friendly staff and a hot tub outside as an added bonus. Close to the city centre and to restaurants and tours.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CapriC, Manager at Arista Capri Motel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Glad you found Capri Court convenient to most places for shopping and sightseeing. We purpose to keep a high standard of cleanliness and are glad you appreciated this. Look forward to your return !
Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We were at end of 21 day tour... Really tired.

We love the room's hot tub. The layout of the suite offered a lot of privacy compared to many other motels.

Thank you Wendy and Sharon ... You were very helpful n efficient. More importantly, you were very friendly and genuinely interested in your guests.

Love that we could park right infront of our rooms ... To facilitate our luggages.

Great value for money. I would definitely recommend Capri Motor Inn.

CapriC, Manager at Arista Capri Motel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
What a delight it was to host you both. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement which mean a lot to us as we purpose to please our guests and help them in any way we can to have a memorable time in Rotorua and at the Capri Court. Thanks and take care and maybe we see you in Rotorua again sometime in the future !
Gallivare, Sweden
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in room 7 with a spa tub in the bathroom. After a few hours with closed doors and windows a mold odour was really noticed in the room. Very good doublebed in the room. Bad air ciculation in the room. Some days (all days?) Rotorua has a smell of sulphur in the air so we could not open the windows or door to ventilate the room.

One of the better beds you can have in a motel. Free internet with a maximum use of 500 Mb of data is offered. 5 min drive to the town center.

1 Thank Tim Z
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have been asked to write this review by the Capri Court management and this I am happy to do, based on total honesty.
First, the quality of the accommodation was very good - the main room and bathroom being very clean and with a high standard of build quality. Both my wife and I found the king-size bed to be wonderfully firm and comfortable to sleep on, (and in!)
While the staff were very helpful, there were, unfortunately, several times when communication breakdowns occurred.
As a still-walking mobile polio survivor, (using a simmer-frame), some of the 'aids' on offer, such as the shower stool, were totally unsuitable, being too low-down for my six foot plus height to manage. What I really needed was a tall shower stool, such as the one made by 'Cubro', or a wooden fold-up seat, (fixed to the wall). I have both these aids in my purpose-built ensuite at home.
I was told that I should have asked for a 'lazy boy' recliner chair - again, what I really needed was a tall straight-backed chair with solid arm rests with which to push myself up into a standing position.
A mobile ramp was placed in front of my unit - great if you're in a wheelchair! I should have asked for it to be taken away but I didn't, so let's say that that glitch was my own fault!
It was also very annoying to have the local fly population inviting itself into the unit every time the sliding door was opened - a really good solution? not the supplied can of fly spray, but an electronic spray dispenser - very effective and overall more cost-effective than cans of fly-spray!
I should also mention that, despite extra temporary lighting in the unit, my legally-blind wife was in tears more than once because she simply did not have enough light - in this case, I think it's more of a design fault in the unit itself, because there were not that many plug-points left to use!
My wife found the spa-bath was great - I took one look at it and decided that I wasn't quite ready to commit suicide by attempting to get in (or out!) Physically disabled people who can still walk usually need a gently-sloping ramp with solid hand-rails for such baths, or a heavy-duty hoist.
What it all comes down to is the usual story - lots of assumptions, (the mother of foul-ups), and not enough actual communication!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night during our road trip thru the north island. The room was clean and very spacious and you get free wi-fi, plus the large spa. We didn't get to use the spa as there was so much to do in rotorua but I'm sure it would've been lovely.
Location wise, it's not down near the restaurant end of Fenton st but parking and driving isn't a problem.

CapriC, Manager at Arista Capri Motel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Great to hear that you will come back and visit sometime in the future ! You are most welcome anytime ! Good to hear that you found everything you needed at a convenient distance. It is only a 2min drive to the city centre or the famous geothermal bubbling mud and geysers. See you soon !
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner found the capri court very awesome. There is the option of having a spa whenever you like or just sitting back and watching a movie. The beds are amazing you wont be dissapointed! We found capri court close to everything we needed to do with the centre only just down the road. The staff are very friendly to. Id definatly stay there again.

CapriC, Manager at Arista Capri Motel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Wonderful to hear that you like many others got a wonderful time of relaxation and a great sleep in our Brand New Super King Pillow Top Beds !! thanks for your kind words !