Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort
Novotel
US$130
US$113
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Rotorua Marama(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$142
US$153
US$147
Orbitz.com
RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
Hotels.com
Cleveland Thermal Motel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
Emerald Spa Motor Inn(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$95
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Travelocity
US$67
US$64
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmokoia restaurantsteam roommiri miriaward winning restaurantsuperior suitehell's gatemineral poolromantic getawaynew zealandlake rotoruaour honeymoonview of the lakestayed two nightsgreat facilitiesshort driveslipperspampering
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights between the Christmas & NY Period. To be honest I was expecting it to be a lot 'fancier'. But never the less, it was fine. Comfortable room, good shower, and great spa/pool area. Complementary Rotorua Mud soap was great too. Bit further from town that I had expected, but that's nobody's fault!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd_82
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just been to a wedding at the resort. Stayed the night before with the bride and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Then on the day of the wedding they again went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect for the outdoor service and the reception indoors. The rooms were all fully booked and that didn't affect the wedding set up or the wedding itself.

Room Tip: We were upgraded from a studio to an upstairs room over looking the resort. Had no problem at all with noise and found the room very confortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I wondered whether I was expecting too much or whether I had in fact been ripped off. My partner and I shared a mutual disappointed feeling. While the staff that greeted us at reception were terrific, the staff in the restaurant lacked a sense of urgency to serve its customers.
Our room was modern but you would expect more for a delux lake view room - very basic amenities. We thought we'd pay the extra for the view but in the end we had to stand outside our room to get the view. Disappointed we spent so much money on accommodation that didn't stack up. We couldn't even get a massage to ease our disappointment. They were booked out for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked through the internet and I got a confirmation for a deluxe king size bedroom.arriving at 9pm the clearly stressed duty manager couldn't handle the situation. She insisted I booked a twin bed room, I showed her the email, again she just offered excuses. After waiting around for one hour she finally managed to "make" a king bedroom by joining the two beds together. No apology, no welcome drink, no hospitality.
The room is. It definitely not worth 200 bucks, there's no "deluxe" in here. The room is very very small, very few amenities. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roberto F
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I hate to write a negative review but I don't have anything good to say about my experience with the Wai Ora Spa. We were told that two of the employees of the spa declined to come in to work on the day we were there, and there were no other openings for the staff who were there.

We made reservations at the restaurant at 8 and finally received a menu at 8:45. They filled our water glasses by 9. We watched two groups of people leave due to the horrible service. By 9:15 we got our salads and by 10 were finally able to eat our entrée. Nobody checked on us to fill a water glass or ask about a glass of wine. Before we were even done eating our entrees (2 hours after our arrival), they handed us the bill (which, of course, was calculated incorrectly).

The hotel offered 'complimentary' wifi, which didn't work.

At the end of this frustrating afternoon, I'm not sure that it was worth it to come to Rotorua. It definitely wasn't worth it to stay at Wai Ora Resort and I would think twice before coming here.

Room Tip: Would not recommend staying here at all. Just being honest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends