Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ibis Rotorua(Rotorua)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmokoia restaurantsteam roommiri miriaward winning restaurantsuperior suitehell's gatemineral poolromantic getawaynew zealandlake rotoruaour honeymoonview of the lakestayed two nightsgreat facilitiesshort driveslipperspampering
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed for a night and we were impressed with the rooms, layout, food, service at this resort. The day spa is a must. Good value when breakfast is included in the package. We would definitely come back if we come to Rotorua again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My partner & I stayed here using a 'romance package' deal, which made this a lot more affordable than it might otherwise have been. The room was great, and we had the room at the end, which meant that we had a lake view. Do bear in mind that the units are 2 storey & are arranged in a horseshoe facing the pool. Therefore, if you are further towards the main hotel building, you probably wouldn't get any view of the lake at all.

The treatments were very relaxing, & were included in our deal, however, I think that the spa area could do with more loungers around the spa hot-tub area. There were only 2 loungers, which meant that if you hadn't managed to get them, you had to sit on upright chairs, or a picnic table which isn't really that relaxing after you've had a massage.

The food was really lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Breakfast was also very nice, although I did find it utterly ridiculous that you could only get toast if you ordered the 'break-maker's basket' breakfast option, which consisted of various breads & pastries - I'm not sure that there would be that many people that would order this as most people would want something cooked with toast on the side. I thought the waiter made a bit of a deal about the fact that I wanted extra toast on the side, so I offered to pay him 20 pence for the cost of the 2 bits of bread. I just can't understand why this was so much of an issue? It's not like this was a cheap place to stay!

All told though, this was a very relaxing experience, although I don;t think that I would stay unless it was part of a package as I don't think it would have been quite worth the price otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask for an 'end room' i.e. the lake end, otherwise you will either get a restricted view of the lake or no view at all.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Purchased deal on Grab One and then having read some reviews on Trip Advisor was concerned that our decadent splurge would be disappointing. However, the staff and service provided by them was friendly, courteous, helpful and professional. The room was perfectly adequate, not huge but everything we needed and the bathroom, stylish with a great shower, The dinner which was part of the package deal was beautifully presented and very tasty and while not big meals, we did not leave hungry, The service was quick and attentive even though they were fully booked,We used the spa and mineral pools and my Husband tried the sauna and steam room, all met expectation, Free DVD's and bubbly on arrival. While not an everyday splurge, it is worth is for a special occasion and the 30 minute massage (Included) was great,

Room Tip: We had room 1 which had the spa pool in the central pool area opposite us so we overlooked those using it and the pump could be quite noisy and leaving the curtains open left it overlooked by others,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliefHamilton
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My and cousin and I stayed at the wonderful Wai Ora lakeside last September 2013 (only realised now that I hadn't entered my review), our experience was outstanding from the rooms to the facilities to the staff and food it was faultless and a special mention to the dreamy massage we had as well. If you have a chance to stay here do it you will not be disappointed.
Kind Regards Nicky

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed just the one night but all the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make you
feel welcome in this very attractive and well located resort.

Whilst the dinning menu was a bit expensive the food was well prepared and worthy of
a top class restaurant.

Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple