“Great views”

and up
Jet Boat Tour of Lake Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If ever a tourism operator lived up to its catch-cry of speed, spins and adrenaline, it’s Kawarau Jet. You only have to look at the smiling faces of passengers when they get off the big yellow boat to know they’ve had an awesome experience. With a wide range of exhilarating and inspiring activities to choose. Ourtrips range from 30 minutes of speed spins & adrenaline to 2 1/2 hours. Combined jet boating with the Manupirua Hot pools. This is only accessible by boat. No roads here. Great fun for all ages. Or try our Parasailing. We offer ten minute flights either tandem or solo. Sit back and enjoy the exhilaration of free flight and admire the great scenery, before returning to the flight deck for a smooth landing on our purpose built Parasailing boat.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great views”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great views of the lake & the city. The guys on the boat are very good & make you feel at ease. You get high enough to see for miles. Getting dunked in the water is a must.

Visited April 2014
kjetrotorua, Owner at Kawarau Jet Rotorua & Kjet Parasailing, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hi there, Thanks very much for your review. I am really in awe of the Parasailing and how well the driver and deckhand work in unison. They really do a great job and its nice that they get recognition. Thanks heaps Fiona

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thank you Fiona, Ross & Nick!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

thank you for hosting us over the weekend!, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I had sore cheeks from smiling so much and laughing at how wet my husband got because he didn't do his splash jacket up properly. Great fun for all ages and you even learn a bit of history about the area which is very interesting, even for a local NZ'er! Would definitely recommend to all.

Visited April 2014
Hi there, thanks so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our jet Boat ride. it really does have a lot to offer and we feel that we cater for all ages so nobody misses out. And for those who have really small children we do offer to babysit so all get to enjoy.

Cheers Fiona
Auckland
“Top of the todo list!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent experience, a must do for everyone in the family. The ride includes details of history around the lake. 5 stars!!!!!!

Visited April 2014
Aww thanks so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed.
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Parasailing experience”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I enjoyed this amazing experience of parasailing with my friends. And we all are thinking of doing it again. I am going to bring my sons next time when I visit Rotorua as it is awesome activity for the whole family to experience and enjoy.

Visited February 2014
kjetrotorua, Owner at Kawarau Jet Rotorua & Kjet Parasailing, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Hi there, Parasailing is becoming soooo popular so glad you enjoyed . Hope to see you next time.

“DO THIS!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had read reviews about Kawarau Jet Rotorua but was still unsure whether it would be a big disappointment. My son and I had a excellent time. Our driver Eric was so informative with his knowledge of Rotorua. It was everything I had hoped it would be. I couldn't stop smiling even when getting sprayed with water. I would have happily gone a second time. If you want adrenaline than this is for you!! Just AWESOME!!!!!!

Visited February 2014
Hi there, Thank you for your review. I will pass on to Eric that you enjoyed your Jet boat ride. Next time you come try our Parasailing .