“Friendly staff”

Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park
Toronto
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a friend in a campervan for a night. Michael at the reception was very welcoming and friendly. Location is a bit off cenyral rotorua (15 min drive) but the park was well maintained. Bathroom was clean and hot shower and hair dryer were of no extra charge. Kitchen was equipped with cooking and eating utensils. I was also told that we could use the kayaks for free but we had to take off the next morning. I had a pleasant stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My daughter, 15yrs old and I stayed here from 1st to 4th April 2013. We had a budget twin room. Was very clean throughout the whole park. We arrived very early but our room was ready and they had no problem with us moving in. The owners couldn't do enough to help, we were given a guest information sheet, shown around and to our room. If we had any queries they were happy to help. Shared tv room, games facilities and kitchen and bathroom facilities but were of excellent condition and cleanliness. (free showers unlike a lot of places) not to far from the gorgeous, peaceful lake. Fishing down on the stream or using the free kayaks. Quiet eve's too but not to far for a short taxi ride into rotorua for a night out or to visit the local attractions during the day with your family of which there is quite a lot. And lots of lovely free walks too. Overall if I ever come back to this part if the world it's the only place I will stay! Didnt want to leave. It was great!

• Stayed April 2013
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I returned to Waiteti (once again) to relax and enjoy the fishing, hoping that the friendly welcoming atmosphere we remembered from previous visits would be as enjoyable as ever. We were not disappointed, thanks Michael and Jeanette for being perfect hosts.
The communal facilities, kitchen, shower/toilet block, are the best equipped and cleanest we have found anywhere in our travels. Great fishing too. Hope to be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colinampa
amsterdam
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We fled from Rotorua because it was over infested with tourists and came to this place. Lovely and very helpful owner, good sized motel unit with 2 bedrooms. We rented some fishing tackle to catch trout, but unfortunaly we would have been better of to spend the money buying a truckful of trout.....although maybe it was our fault.
Very clean, nice atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My girlfriend and i toured NZ in a camper in December 2012, we planned on staying in Rotorua for just one night . . . we stayed for three in the end! This was partly due to Rotorua's unique charm and wealth of history and attractions, and partly due to our great camping grounds at Waiteti!

As a keen fisherman i was lured to this site by its famous trout stream and the rumours of monster brown trout! I was not disappointed! The first morning of our stay i woke up at first light and fished the river running through the site, within 5 minutes i was into my first fish, a 3.5lb rainbow which proved an excellent fight on my light spinning gear!

I suppose i should mention the site itself, its gorgeous! Very quiet, very well maintained and the owners are a delight. Very happy to help and full of great tips for tourists and attractions!

Back to the fishing . . . Next morning, same again. Up early and with the fly rod this time (supplied for $5 by the camp site, VERY reasonable! I worked my way down to the point where the river joins lake Rotorua. That's where i found my monster, a 7lb brown trout. I really cant recommend the fishing experience highly enough.

I would 100% go back to this park, the rates are reasonable, the fishing is great and the whole experience left me with a glowing appreciation of Rotorua, the North Island and its people.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
WALTON ON THAMES
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My family stayed here at the end of February. We stayed for 2 nights and loved our stay. Michael the owner was so friendly and helpful, both my kids loved him and said how kind he was. They loved the stream and had a blast with the free kayaks. Didn't catch much but think it was a bad time (well that what we told ourselves anyway)! Would really recommend a stay here as so peaceful and relaxing. Cant go wrong!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed in kitchen cabin for 2 nights, the cabin itself was pretty small and the kitchen was not really suited for any proper cooking. It was ok to make a toast in the morning, but that was it. The park itself was smallish and set in nice lush grounds. All the parks facilities were clean and within few steps from the cabin. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If you want affordable and quiet place just outside Rotorua, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple