“adequate room”

Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection
Ranked #37 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This place is fairly well equipped and tidy.

Unfortunately, I was in a room (16) facing the main road, and above the staff's washing machine.
So the room was one of the noisiest I have stayed in (and I have stayed at many places in Rotorua and throughout NZ). I mentioned the noise to the staff, but they did not offer me another room, althought others were available.

My room was also next to the storage room, so each morning (for at least an hour) staff stationed themselves right outside my window with thier laundry cart and so on.

The TV (maybe because it as an LG) was rather unclear, and the signal (on channel 1) dropped ot from time to time. For a fairly small TV, it was also attached too high to watch comfortably. The motel's printed channel guide boasts of many (20 or so) channels. However

The toilet flushing button also tended to "jam".

The shower was way too low (around 160 CM high), and wasn't adjustable.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room not close to Fenton St.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank takapunalegend

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were very impressed. Our room was lovely and had an amazing spa bath in it. The owners service was fantastic and personal. Sparkling clean. Breakfast the next morning was great. Will be making and excuse to stay there again soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heathercollings
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I traveled to NZ recently and we spent a couple of great days in Rotorua. On our first day, we pulled in to the Tuscany Villas to inquire about a room for the evening, as we had heard that they had great accommodations. The desk staff were so nice and offered us various different options. She also offered to show us the room before we booked it. We ended up getting the one bedroom suite, which had a queen sized bed, nightstand, closet, and TV in the bedroom, and then a twin-style daybed, an armchair, TV, a table and chairs, and kitchenette in the main room. The bathroom was huge and spacious, with a nice shower and a great big, deep spa bathtub. I, of course, had to take advantage of that! It was glorious. I went back to the front desk to get recommendations for dinner and one of the Maori village experiences, and again, the desk staff were extremely accommodating and helpful. The rates weren't terribly expensive, particularly considering the quality of the room, but I doubt it was as cheap as some of the smaller, older, roadside motels we saw. If I find myself back in New Zealand again (I HOPE!) and back in Rotorua, I'd definitely stay here.

Room Tip: There are only two rows of rooms, and only two stories, so I think each and every room is going to b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Smaim
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed last Saturday for one night as a stop over before picking up a pup, the Lady at reception was very friendly and welcoming, even though we were only there one night she explained the ins and outs of everything, the room could not be faulted for cleanliness and decor. We would definitely stay again when back in Rotorua

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Donz74
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Needing somewhere to stay overnight on our recent trip, we drove up and down Fenton Street looking for somewhere nice to stay. Tuscany Villas stood out from the rest - very well presented (great street appeal). The friendly and welcoming service, the very clean and well presented rooms, the deep indoor spa, made for a very pleasant stay for two very tired travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was a spur of the moment trip. We were greeted by a Gentleman who was so lovely and helpful. Service I could not fault. Our unit was immaculate. The spa bath just incredible.We had left an item in our room and the lovely gentle phoned so we had to return. So glad we had not gone all the way to Auckland.Great location.We will be back .

Room Tip: Go the Higher floors if u want peace
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mary w
TuscanyV, Owner at Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to see you again when you visit Rotorua.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is up there with other Rotorua hotels I've commented on. It's relatively new, very clean tidy and great service. The owners couldn't be more helpful but are discreet enough to say hello but let you get on with whatever you're doing.
The rooms are well serviced and there was no sign of any dirt at all, impressively the bathroom was spotless and the spa pool eaxactly the same.
Unlike many other places the bed is one very comfortable place for a good sleep, as isn't two singles joined together and there's also free wifi.
We like trying different places but we'll definitely be back to th Tuscany Villas - thanks heaps.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor but looking around rooms are all similar and I have no doubt the same high...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tony C

Thanks for the great review. We have shared your comments with our staff who do an amazing job in keeping the rooms so immaculate. We would love to have you stay again next time you visit Rotorua.