“So delicious”

Ranked #75 of 223 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is open from Mon-Fri 11:30am -2:30pm 5:00pm - 9:00pm Sat and Sun 11:30 - 9:00pm Phone number is 348 0066 OP
Auckland
“So delicious”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stumbled across this Thai restaurant as we were shopping. Feeling a little hungry, we went in and had dinner.......what a find!!!!
We are from Auckland and the food here is better than almost every Thai restaurant in Auckland...except maybe "Joybing" on K Road, but that is a lot more expensive than Uncle Neils.
We actually went back on our second night before we left Rotorua and had duck curry and a whole snapper which was so delicious.
You can tell the waitress if you want it mild, medium or hot, they are very friendly and there is plenty or free water.
I loved the deep fried banana and ice cream for dessert.....you have to try that one.
Uncle Neils is at the far end of Tutanekai St from the lake, its not a flashy type of restaurant.....but its very clean and bright, and also the prices are all around $10 cheaper than the flash restaurants.
I had to laugh when I read the two "Terrible reviews" of Uncle Neils.....I knew they were false as the first one has no other reviews of anything,,,,just here, and the second one only has a bad review of Uncle Neils, and a glowing review of a Cafe nearby.
I am surprised Trip Advisor allows this to happen.
Anyway the next time I visit Rotorua I will be having dinner at Uncle Neils, there were so many other dishes I wanted to try.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank bellettboy

Illinois
“Great Thai”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

On the main street in Rotorua, we stopped in for lunch on day. Had the spicy noodles and chicken. Excellent. Service good and prices very reasonable.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisa L
Singapore
“Affordable Thai food in the city”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Service was very fast. The waitress served us with a pitcher of water the moment we sat down. Pad Thai was rather dry and the serving was big enough for 2 pax. Bf had a chicken with Thai sauce (which turned out to be peanut sauce). Was quite yummy. Bill came to about $29. There are 2 other Thai places down the street but this is the cheapest.

• Visited December 2013
chittaway bay
“Great Authentic Thai Food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We went here mid week and it wasn`t that crowded. The service was great. We had red curry duck and red curry prawn and sizzling sea food. The food was great. I spend time in Thailand every year and love Thai food and find this food very authentic. They were more than happy to pack up our left overs in containers for us to take home. I went there on recommendation from a friend who lives in Rotorua and eats there regularly. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Auckland
“YUM”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Got takeaway from here on our first night! YUM! Not much more to say but food is GREAT! They have a dine in option but i was tired for the travel, the wait wasnt too long maybe 10-15min and it was easter Friday so it was busy.

Visited March 2013