“Would stay again”

Gateway International Motel
Ranked #87 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Central location we were able to walk to town centre, some tourist attractions and grocery shop, clean, warm rooms. Great to have basic kitchen facilities. Reception staff very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
gatewayselina, Owner at Gateway International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thanks for sharing you feeling here! Hope to see you next time! Hope you will get a beagle for your children in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Spent One night there in April 2013. Excellent clean room with small touches that added that little bit extra. One of the best prize winning food establishments just across the street. The on site spa was excellent and clean. Would recommend to anyone and will definitely stay there on our next visit. The Irby family, Burringbar Australia

Room Tip: Book early to ensure room availability as popularity increases.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your good words. Looking forward to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had a confirmed booking for 8 people in 2 rooms for 2 nights. However we were greeted with the news that only one of the rooms was available. But for a discount of $10 per room per night they could offer us a different room. Feeling dissatisfied and disappointed, but left with no other choice, but to take the offer we agreed. And were told please pay in advance. Suddenly a room more in keeping with our original booking was available, could we just allow 2 hours for it to be cleaned, grateful for the effort and discount. We left to fill in the time. On our return we were offered a 3rd room and asked to pay back the discount. After some negotiations the discount stood, as compensation for the delays. Thank you. Unfortunately problems continued to arise. Would I recommend to others most certainly not. Would we stay again never.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
gatewayselina, Owner at Gateway International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

It is a shame that you put you feedback here. First of all, I have to see, yes we've confirmed two spa pool units for you and we couldn't offer the same rooms while you first arrive the office. However, it's sad to see you just put we didn't offer you the same room as we've talked through email. But you didn't say why and the end. It's my turn to tell what happenned.

We have three family units with spa pool. Two we've offerred to you and one for anther family. One unit should check out the day for you to check in. However, one of the lady was sick in the night and couldn't go. Meanwhile, her friend left in the morning since she got something to leave. I asked the lady in the morning before you come to move to other room. But she seemed so weak and didn't want to pick up and move at all. It would be very hard if I kept force her move to. So, we throught if you could take a room without spa pool so she would not need to move though. The reason of why I tried to discuss with you not the other family is you have two rooms. I thought mightbe ok for your to understand the situation and the children can use the spa pool in one room. And I would give you $20 (please check your statement not $10) per night ( totally $40) discount if you could help this situation. But I was completely wrong.

After telling you the situation at the office when you arrive, you were very angry and many times you use "no, shut up" "I am enough to you". Mind you, I never shout to my customer especially older than me. Then, I charged you $40 less than what you should to pay and let you go into the rooms. You were still very unhappy and even didn't look at me. I didn't want to you stay with unhappy. Then I talked to you again. I said of course it was our problem,but nobody could control their body all well and no sickness. This is an accident, if you really want a spa pool room, I would have to force that lady to move. You told me " I think that what you should to do".

Ok, I had nothing to say. I told the sick lady the stroy and she felt sorry but she could understand. Then my staffs helped her move to upstairs. While we were cleaning the room and the other family still on their way. So I gave the other unit's key to you that you would not need to wait the cleaning finish since the units are same. The only difference is room number. It was maximum 1 hour during you checked in. I asked you were you be able to pay me back the $40 shortage. You told me "you wrote the number on the invoice and I think that 's what I should pay you." " 2 hours we can't get in our rooms..." . Last time, I asked you "no body want to sick,do you want to sick?" Wow, I was really surprised that you said" I went to see doctor when I was sick..."

Ok,I think that's enough for the whole story. Again, I am sorry for muck you around. But I am not regret. We do have to care other people. However, I will do something for other people if I can when they need. I will much happyer!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is my second visit of the place, after a few months since my first time.

needless to mention the manger is friendly and helpful.
we, family of 4 stayed for 2 nights during the school holiday in May.
Noticed the owner has put in effort on refurbishing this motel.
and the room rate is good too!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
gatewayselina, Owner at Gateway International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thanks for your time to putting feedback. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

For NZ$99 you can't go wrong. Bed was really comfy; room was clean. Outside private spa pool was hot and very relaxing, filled up in no time. Room was really warm (ground floor). Maybe not brand new but well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
gatewayselina, Owner at Gateway International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. You encourage me to keep work hard on improving the rooms since I really enjoy the good feedback from my valuable customers. Thanks agian!

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We booked for one night to break up the drive home. Trouble finding our booking. Friendly and apologetic. The room was beyond tired. Mouldy nets and curtains, missing curtain hooks made the curtains hang in big loops, main door curtain was to small for the door and left big gaps either end. No bedside cabinets or side tables, the phone was hung on the wall at approx 6 ft. The new fridge was wobbly, there was graffiti scratched into the paint work above the kitchen bench, the book of instructions was in badly translated Engrish. But it was comfortable, clean where it mattered.Free wi fi and spa pool in room. For the money we paid we expected better.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Kiwichatter

Thanks for your feedback. The reason of why I reply you now is I've fixed up the curtain, wall, the lights and put the new bedsider in the room. As I said in other review, we've get this motel last year, everything have to be updated. Usually, we make the budget for all of the rooms once. For example, we changed all of the old TV to flatscreen last year. Bought the bedsider in March. Check and redo lighting in April etc.
Sorry for the English wording. You know English is my second language, I try to speak and use English as more accurate as I can; however, you know I still can't do as good as you can do. Thanks for pointing out the problem and thanks for your time. We will working hard to make the room nicer.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

The hotel is very nice and good to stay in it.the service is very good.even my family likes it because it gave us free wifi free dinner but we cook ourself actually the price was 245 but it gave us discont to 225.this is the 2nd time I voted.

• Stayed: December 2012