“Excellent Casual Dinning”

Solace Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated a short stroll away from Lake Rotorua, Solace Cafe & Restaurant is the best kept secret in town. Solace Cafe & Restaurant offers diners a modern, warm and inviting atmosphere for relaxing with family and friends. Specialising in gluten free food, the menu is an eye opening introduction to great New Zealand cuisine, and features fresh New Zealand beef and seafood options. Bookings are highly recommended. Fully licensed and BYO. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

WOW absolutely amazed at "Eat Streat" (play on words) what a selection of restaurants to choose from! We read the menu out the front and was seated. We had garlic bread as a starter, the way it was presented made all the difference to this popular starter. I had the seafood basket, my partner the seafood linguini, both brilliant mains. LOVED the fisherman basket, succulent scallops, perfectly cooked mussels, tender calamari, fresh fish and the light tempura batter on the prawns the best I have ever had. Finished our meals with desserts just so we could try the "Rotollo" - filo, liquorice & strawberry = voila! And I had the raspberry pannacotta equally as nice! Wonderful dinning experience, lovely, friendly, accommodating staff.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Went to Solace tonight and they had no worries seating the NINE of us without a booking! The food was amazing but not quite amazing as our waiter. It was only his second night on the job but it was some of the best service we have had. James is amazing and definitely a great asset to that place! Every restaurant needs someone as bubbly and friendly as him! :)

Reviewed 14 December 2013

A group of 8 of us went for our xmas dinner on Saturday night. Having eaten there before I knew that the meals would be good. I was wrong. They were GREAT. The selection was vast the prices were realistic and the size was quite adequate. I am not a pasta/linguini fan but the cajun linguini looked interesting so I went with that. Followed with the crumble dessert and affogato coffee and I was pleasantly full and very, very satisfied. As were the rest of our group. Overall I would recommend Solace for couples, families and groups alike. They even cater for folks needing Gluten Free foods and it is true GF. Prices are good. Food excellent and service great. A part of the the "newlook" Streat in Rotorua.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We chose this place after a quick trip around the restaurant area due to seafood and salad offerings. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. We started with spinach salad and lamb cutlets. Both were excellent fresh and full of taste. We split the fishermans platter and enjoyed fish, prawns, mussels, squid and scallops. The seasonings and sauces were yummy and full of taste. An excellent meal!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We ate here a few nights ago for a birthday. We all had steaks, 3 of us the special of the night, sirloin steaks and 1 other larger steak. All were excellent. Cooked just how we had asked and generous portions. Garlic bread was great also. Staff very friendly and welcoming, and nicely set out restaurant. If you are gluten free they have a large range of meals available. Also salads, several very nice sounding ones, a little different from the norm. I will definitely eat here