“Decent food, slow, need to improve their organization”
Review of Sabroso

Sabroso
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, South American, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sabroso offers a broad taste of Latin America, serving everything from tasty tapas to homestyle Mexican specialities and traditional South American dishes. The beverage menu features our signature margaritas along with affordable South American wines. In short – unpretentious dining for those who love great flavours. The atmosphere is casual and fun, and the food and drinks are delicious!
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Small restaurant - only about 6 tables. But wait staff (2) overwhelmed. (one seemed quite new and had to constantly ask more experienced waitress with any issue). Food took over an hour to arrive. Food was OK, not great, but not bad. Seems every table had an issue (made reservation but no table, item ordered but not delivered, etc).
Waitresses also had to make all drinks - which kept them away from tables for long times.

If they 1) had experienced wait staff 2) hired a bartender and 3 ) worked on delivering food more quickly - then I think they would tremendously improve their game (and NZ needs any and all successful Central/ south American restaurants!!)

1  Thank Camer001
SabrosoRotorua, Owner at Sabroso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you for your constructive comments. We regret that you caught us on a very rare night when we were extremely busy with several new staff members. Your experience was certainly not consistent with what we desire to provide and have been succesful in providing to our guests as past reviews will indicate. Please come back to see us next time you are in Rotorua. We would love to showcase Sabroso at it's finest and make a true believer out of you.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Sabroso food is wonderful!! Everything is fresh and inventive. I tried several things while I was there with a large group of people and there isn't one thing I could say I didn't care for. Sabroso serves the best Latin American/Mexican food I've ever had, not to mention it is the only place you'll find this food in Rotorua! The service was exceptional and Sarah always did a wonderful job of making sure we had everything we needed at all times. The restaurant itself is quite welcoming! A don't forget-- they serve the best Margaritas around!

Reviewed 23 October 2010

This was the best meal that I had on my recent NZ North Island trip. The dips were so good, we could have eaten them all night, and my beef burrito was scrumptious - one of the best I've ever had. I cannot recommend the food at this restaurant highly enough to Mexican-food lovers. It was fabulous.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

This is a great South American / Mexican restaurant in Rotorua! The owners are exceptionally hospitable and really go that extra step to give people a good experience--for example, if you have a special dietary need then Sarah will do what she can to make it possible for you to have a lovely and healthy meal. Special owners, special place!

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I spent several weeks planning and hunting for the ideal birthday dinner for myself and my partner. This turned out to be the perfect choice! A real foodie and more often than not way too fusy,I have nothing but fantastic things to say about Sabroso. I enjoyed some mexican while my partner had a good old steak and both were cooked to perfection! Fresh food and amazing flavours.
I have reccomended this restaurant to all my friends and have since discovered a couple of friends that have also been they too raved about it!!
While your there make sure you try their signature margarita!!