“Poor Service and Cold Food”
Review of Lone Star Rotorua

Lone Star Rotorua
Ranked #24 of 243 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We decided to go here as we felt like a Steak Meal after travelling from Australia that morning and driving down from Auckland.. We were shown to a table by the window and given some menus we decided to order a beer and a L&P and when we placed this order we also ordered our meals. We both ordered a 250gm Rib Eye Streak which came with Small Baked Potatoes and Salad. Our drinks arrived and we sat and talk and we started to wonder if we were every going to get our meal after about and hour the meals finally arrived. When the meals arrived as I had ordered Garlic Butter with my steak I could not see it on the plate but did find it mixed by the coleslaw when I put it on my steak it didn't melt into the steak as the steak was cold and not cooked the way I had requested the potatoes were also cold and the coleslaw was just plonted on the plate. The other steak was a little warmer as were the potatoes. We didn't have any one come and ask if our meal was all right until we had nearly finished our food as we were hungry we ate the very poor meal. When we complained we were asked if we were complaining about the waitress or what so explained that the meal was not up to standard and that it was cold. The young girl said that she would talk to her manager about it then after about 10 minutes she arrived back to say that she had spoken to her manager and said that we could have either a free cup of tea or coffee or a dessert. We declined as we are not dessert people and we didn't want to stay in the place any longer. When we went to pay the bill they knew that we were not happy with the meals so they only charged for 1 meal. I would not go back to this restaurant if I was to visit Rotorua again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Brilliant meal very large portion size, Brilliant Service from Staff and a great evening as it was recommended by our friends who live in Rotorua

Reviewed 10 August 2014

had the salmon on prawn risotto hubby had the chicken. delicious coleslaw, was busy but the service was great and the food was sooooo yum

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Love this restaurant! Making a booking for Lonestar is nearly impossible after the marathon. The owner got to know us even though we go there once a year. He was kind enough to serve bread to the guests still waiting for a table. Service they provide is a hundred percent and their Ribs are to die for.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I tried this place because it had a good menu. We were a little put off that it was a franchised steaky place. After talking to the owner we were won over. We both had the Lamb shanks, done perfectly and the portion was just right. The service and attention from the wait staff was excellent. I would definitely eat there again, but I might try something else just for fun.