“Family Holiday over Easter Weekend”

Atsala Apartment Stay
Atsala Apartment Stay
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Over the Easter break I stayed in the Rimu apartment along with my husband, our 2 children and my brother, his wife and their 2 kids. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay there and we found the place very comfortable and family friendly. The manager Ian made us feel very welcome and provided us with extra linens etc to accommodate our large group. As an added service, Ian also at his own cost, posted my hair dryer back to Auckland after I had forgotten it in the apartment.

I would highly recommend the place to any family/group wishing to stay in Rotorua.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ATSALA, Owner at Atsala Apartment Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Many thanks Hosna !

Your lovely feedback is really appreciated and I know that this was your second stay here and I look forward to seeing you all again on your next visit to Rotorua.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

After making a phone booking which was hassell free, on arrival we were greeted in a very cheerful careing and polite manner . Then shown to our unit, while this was taking place the host Ian was subtley ascertaining that we had no idea of where to go or what to see. The next day Ian was like a tourist information centre, thank god for Ian. I can guanratee you the unit we stayed in was clean refreshingly large, quiet and very comfortable. We had a fantastic stay in Rotorua, to be honest, thats mainly down to Ian. In the dinning area there was fresh bread fruit and cereal with a lovely bottle of wine. Well done Ian keep up the good work ATSALA IS A MUST STAY.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ATSALA, Owner at Atsala Apartment Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Many thanks Chris for your really appreciated feedback.
I really enjoyed having you and Carlton staying here and helping you to see all the wonderful attractions here in Rotorua.
Thanks so much for shouting us out for dinner as well -that was so special and for sure I will catch up with you in Aussie as soon as I can find the time to leave NZ
It,s people like you that makes life a pleasure to be part of.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Despite the fact that the interior design is not the best, Atsala offers an excellent stay for our family. The big comfy sofa and washing machine is definitely awesome. The bed is also well padded and big. Atsala is definitely an affordable and comfortable stay for families alike.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thanks Justin for your lovely feedback .
It is really appreciated and although I can not quite understand the design factor you mentioned as no one to date in all the years of trading has found any issues here, I accept that every body has different expectations and I am exactly the same having employed the best interior designers in developing these wonderful Apartments.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is a prime example of how booking online can give you completely the wrong impression of a place. The Atsala describes itself as having 'luxury' fittings, bedding etc... the word luxury does not describe this place. It is basic at best. The bathroom was pretty grotty (and it should be mentioned that the toilet is in the same room as the shower/vanity, not ideal for a family for obvious reasons), the place has a 'musty' smell about it, the TV was basic at best - luxurious it is not! Seeing we stayed in a family room, I would also have expected an additional TV in the parents room. Staff would be best described as 'eccentric' and very hasty - one of them turned up at our door just after 9am in the morning, which of course is well before checkout, to take extra bedding off us that we were still using! Evidently it was for another apartment. BIZARRE! I was surprised to see good reviews for this place, as in my opinion, it was just plain strange. The only redeeming feature was a large grassy area that the kids could run around in. I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank JoannaW007

Rimu Room Apartment

On reading this feedback not only do I find it,s content overly critical but also highly misleading

This beautifully presented Apartment has in fact been peoples favourite for years-families and others and considering that the beds were made exclusively to order along with the amazing Top quality imported French taylor made bedding dressage and Royal Doulton 300 thread count 100% Egyptian sheets I really don,t no what more you can ask for !!

The bathroom was completely relined early Dec 11 prior to this booking and has the latest new toilet technology system and shower system !! Beautiful !!

The T.V [although not brand new] is a 46" Projection Philips matchline with Dolby sound surround system that everyone -especially children just love !!

I have considered your comments re the installation of a 02nd TV in the master bedroom however once again this would be a clash of harmony being so close to the lounge and therefore a disadvantage.

Although this Apartment will and has slept up to 6 and even 7 pax for families on a limited budget -as these customers-the old saying goes you can,t have your cake and eat it too.

It is very clear to me that the Parents of this young family should have booked the Studio Room in addition giving them a second bathroom/TV in the bedroom

The personal remarks about myself and another staff member I find totally offensive and uncalled for given the fact we went out of our way to assist this very difficult customer.

Yes the family were up and about at 9.00AM and as the children had finished sleeping in the lounge-the Ranch Slider wide open and the beautiful Duvet Covers etc were just bundled up in a heap I simply suggested that as I was needing them for another booking would they mind if I could take them away allowing them more room to relax as a family!

Yes this was certainly an Odd experience for us too as most customers here are really grateful and very happy in these wonderful Apartments but you can,t please everyone so it seems!!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

The Atsala was overpriced and frankly did not cut the mustard. The downstairs "studio" was musty smelling and upstairs was nice , but Sky TV was virtually non existant. Ian seemed to be never there, and the rooms were NOT serviced daily at all... 0ne shampoo and soap amongst 8 of us! Look under the bed .... dirty, unclean and poorly serviced also.
Definitely NOT worth the money at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank TambonzRobertson
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We have two kids and were not keen to stay in a small hotel. Atsala was the perfect place for us as we had the family room which was self contained. The owner Ian greeted us upon arrival and showed us into our room. There was fresh bread and milk, cereal and preserves and a bowl of seasonal fruit awaiting us. Our rooms were large and comfortable with plenty of storage for us to unpack for our few days there. The television was huge and having cable was a lifesaver. Ian advised us on the best of Rotorua, therefore we went to the best hot water springs, went to the best thermal villiage and ate at the best restaruants. We cannot fault our stay there and would advise anyone with young kids to stay here and ask for the family room.

Room Tip: The family room has two rooms, the main room has a king size bed with plenty of pillows to choose fr...