“Not very special”
Review of The Gantry - CLOSED

The Gantry
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed 4 nights in Rotorua. Three of them we went into town and ate very well. On etime we went to the Gantry because it was closer by our B&B.
The food was not really worth it. So we would not goe there again. Also the ambience is not very nice.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

As we were staying at Doolan's country retreat and too lazy to dine in town,we had 3 dinners there:the chicken was good,the salmon pasta too but I found my Hawaian pizza so so(I like thin paste) and as I ordered a beef rare it came well done.
Good wines

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I came here with my dad and daughter. We ate at around lunch time and were served rather promtly as we were the only diners that day The food was very adequate and I found it to be reasonably priced. I have been back on a few occasions and found it to be closed. I think because of its location, it doesnt have a set custom and opens only when nessacary. there is inside/outside dining, although, if you are outside, the road is rather close to you however, no closer then many other outside eatery's I have been to. I would come here again for a romantic dinner with my love or girls lunch with my firends. Its has an unusual elegance to it and still has resemblances of its former life as a fire station...All in all, I'd go back.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had a lovely meal there. The blackboard specials were very good value. The pizzas were huge.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We enjoyed a thoroughly delicious meal, excellent service and wide selection of meals. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, quite busy, but not incroching on us.