“ONE THE BEST CAFE IN ROTORUA”
Review of Picnic Cafe

Picnic Cafe
Ranked #9 of 229 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“ONE THE BEST CAFE IN ROTORUA”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Theres not many cafes that I have tried in Rotorua, but PicNic Cafe would have to be a weekly visit for all. We enjoy the people, the atmosphere and most of all the food. The food is sooooo amazing here. Have already recommend you to so many people. Being a local I don't spend much time at cafes as I work during the week, but I look forward to my special treat on the weekends and look forward to this weekend again. Keep up the good work guys & gals. You rock!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Picnic restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Friendly staff and excellent service. We had breakfast here on each morning of our 4 day stay in Rotorua. Tried several things from the menu and all were well cooked and delicious, especially the poached eggs. Highly recommend a visit if you're in Rotorua.

Rotorua, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“little gem”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Yesterday I met my friend at PICNIC CAFE at Rotorua. I'd never eaten there but staff were always friendly when I dropped in for a coffee. As it was school holidays so I thought we'd never get a seat.
I ordered pancakes with syrup and bacon and banana as I had never had this combination before. It was delivered very promptly and presentation alone could win awards.
Delicious and fresh, with crispy streaky bacon bits on top. Nutrition and pampering all in one
It is an absolute MUST to visit whenever you visit Rotorua. 10/10

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Warm, friendly service, and excellent food!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We found the staff very helpful, warm and friendly to deal with. Even with it busy when we visited, the service remained quick and pleasant. Couldn't fault our breakfasts or drinks. Well done you guys! We will definitely return for another meal!

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely place for a late lunch or a very late breakfast”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Had the best seafood linguine in a long time arriving here following a drive up from Taupo- followed it up with an afternoon 'picnic breakfast' (bacon and eggs with hash browns, field mushrooms, kransky sausages etc) after a morning of trout fishing) two days later. Friendly service and a nice cheerful decor - highly recommended.

1 Thank Andrew W