“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Planet Bike - Day Tours

Planet Bike - Day Tours
Ranked #13 of 56 Tours in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: Planet Bike is a small, friendly company, based in the action packed centre of the North Island - Rotorua! We've been renting out mountain bikes for hire in the Redwoods for years. Our bike fleet comprises quality mountain bikes, 27 speed with alloy frame, disc brakes and front suspension. Professionally maintained. Full suspensions also available.
Bratislava, Slovakia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We loved every moment of our 2h trip. Grade 3 tracks were just perfect for us. Great workout and amazing experience. I would do it again right now. Anton

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The first bike place was busy so we continued to planet bike. Turned out to be a great choice. Sorted out large group with nice bikes helmets and gloves. Also gave us a list of trails to suit everyone in the group. Went back the next day for more, gave us more awesome trails and even a free coffee and Easter eggs. Would definitely go back.

Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Made my husband's day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a great little business. They got my husband set up with a bike of his liking and helped him decide what tracks to ride. Very friendly and stop for a coffee and chat afterwards.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Mountain biking heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous biking track. We had three hours of biking in the enormous park, the scope of which we did not fully appreciate until we had been there for a while. We loved the trails: Ball and Chain, The Dipper and Challenge. Lenore and her team were very helpful at setting us up with good quality bikes and we started our ride with a complimentary flat white and tea for my wife. We were given a map and Lenore escorted us to the start of the track.
For the most part the signage is pretty good and entrances and exits are clearly marked. However, because the property is so large, distances between tracks are not intuitively clear. Luckily, we asked some locals for directions and eventually found our way. For those who are first timers it would be helpful to have more signage about how to get to each track.

Visited March 2014
Linden, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ride advice, Best trail recommendations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I did not get to rent a bike from this location because it was far from Fenton st in Rotorua, but I did stop here before I went up to the mountain. Luckily I ran into Gale (employee/guide) who gave me absolutely excellent trail advice and mapped out a great series of trails for me. She was really kind and helpful to me and I was not even her customer. She even had someone ride me up the mountain to make sure I started at the right point. I had a great day biking because of Planet Bike and I highly recommend this place. Just make sure you have a means to get there because it is a few miles from the main street.

Visited February 2014