See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and would not stay there again. We had a lot of luggage having been there for a conference. Our room was on the first floor. When we were ready to leave we found the only lift was out of order, the only luggage trolley was not to be found. the room itself was very tatty. The built in hairdryer in the bathroom was missing the hairdryer part. I was advised that there would be one somewhere in a drawer - I found it but there are no electric plugs near any mirror. If you want to do some work on a laptop - you need an extension lead as there is no electric plug near the desk which cannot be moved. I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shona J
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you Shona for your review. Your feedback has been taken on board as any feedback from our guests is a tool we appreciate and aim to correct where possible. I was unsure what room you were in during your stay as I cannot find your name in our system. Luggage trolleys are normally kept either at reception or in an alcove by entry one of our hotel and I can assure you had the reception staff been alerted they would have had one delivered to you. At present we have had some technical issues with our lift but in late Septemebr early October we plan to have a new lift installed. I do understand some of our standard rooms need refurbishing which is planned for later this year. I thank you for your comments as they are an excellent tool to enhance our services further.

Regards

Reviewed 22 March 2013

The customer service here was great. Udy was such great help if you needed anything. I found them to be friendly and very accommodating.

The drinks were delicious. I recommend getting a drink from this hotel!

Although the hotel was older, it was fairly clean. Our room was upgraded to a better room.

I felt safe in this hotel as the area was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Than you Lis for your review. Your comments were well received by all the staff. Our customer feedback is a great way to measure our customer service and standards and I am happy to read we have met your needs. The team at the Copthorne Hotel welcome you in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2013

When you arrive it looks great. Then we were told to go in the lift to second floor and follow the numbers of the rooms, well after a very long walk with all our luggage we got to our room. It was what we expected for the money. There was stains on the ceiling, walls and on the carpet, very unclean. When we realized that there was smoking rooms we was on to the receptionist and she advised that the porter will turn up with an ashtray at 3pm, well we are still waiting. Sitting on our balcony that's when we noticed that the flash building you see at the front is for top dollar accommodation and the rest is tucked away at the back and really needs renovating. We was booked on the Lakeland Queen for dinner but they cancelled so I made a local call to them and the Copthorne charged me $2.20 for a local call which costs them nothing. "I was highly disgusted" We won't be staying there again. The only good thing my Husband liked was it had a big T.V. in our room but I did notice that all rooms don't have big T.V.'s

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you kindly for your review. Your comments have been passed onto Heads of departments to address issues that can me remedied on a daily basis ie the cleaning and the customer requests. I did read that you not all of our existing 110 rooms rooms do not have big screen Tv's. I can assure you all of the 110 hotel rooms do indeed have 32inch TV's as this was part of our major upgrade. Our hotel is presently undertaking further upgrades in parts of the hotel and our standard rooms will be given a light refurnbishment in the not so distant future. I thank you again as any form of feedback is a great tool for our team to embrace and thrive towards to ensure we are offering the type of service our guests expect.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Attended a full day staff forum this week and have to say that this place had ample facilities!
The venue was fine, the staff service was excellent as was the buffet lunch, particularly the fish; went back for seconds.
My only concern was that it did seem to be a bit of a maze, though to be fair this could also be a quirky attraction.
As for a business venue for small to medium gatherings, certainly recommended; ample parking, good facilities, everything is right here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you Dean for your feed back. Great to hear our customer service, facilities and food catered to your needs. I will certainly pass this review onto all staff concerned, I know they will appreciate your kind words. I know what you mean about the maze effect, unfortunately being an older building this seemed to be the trend in the late 50's, maybe a new layout plan could be on the cards in the future. Again thank you it is reviews like yours that helps us improve or embrace and move forward.

Regards

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is located some way from the town centre and even further from the lake front, so if you don't have a car expect a 30 minute walk.

The hotel seems to be in need of refurbishment. The lift was very rickety and failed to work on one occasion.......the stairs felt a safer option. The door to the room had dropped on its hinges and needed to be lifted to open the door.

Dinner was awful. Few alternatives without travelling into town.

There must be better places to stay in Rotorua.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we have had a few problems with our left but our provider has done regular maintenance checks on it and I can assure you it is very safe to use. I was not aware there was a maintenance issue with your door. Not sure if you contacted recpetion but this is always the best policy as we wouold have it fixed in a timely manner. Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back to the Copthorne Hotel Rotorua.