SilverOaks Resort Heritage
Arista Capri Motel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Restaurant
US$892
US$642
US$110
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$104
Aura Accommodation(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
Priceline
PURE Motel & Guest House(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$78
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Our stay with this hotel started with a mix up with the room which we had 7 people and were given a room with4 beds and a uncomfortable pull out. Cleaning staff need the sack as they did not vacuum our room for the entire stay. Had to complain to reception to get our room made up each day and to get toilet paper and basic tea and coffee. The hotel is old and starting to look that way. New managers made the stay bearable as they are really trying to pull it together.

Room Tip: communication and confirm by phone also to commun.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I had booked 2 two-bedroom apartments ( 2 families with kids) for 2 nights. On arrival, I was told that a 2 bedroom was not available, and I could have 4 1bedroom apartments as an upgrade! The 'manager' refused to refund my deposit if I left, despite the internet booking made through their website. After a long day of travel, and weary kids, we stayed, and were charged a total of what I would have paid if I had booked a 1 bedroom apartment! ( $380 plus $100 deposit paid at booking time - internet rates were $120 per night).We ended up sleeping in different bedrooms, one of which was far away from the rest.
I had booked 2 weeks in advance, and I presume they just decided to give me a 1 bedroom instead ( at what ended up being full website price)- and an extra empty 1 bedroom as an 'upgrade' - which is no use to a family with young kids who cannot sleep in a separate apartment and they did not get in touch with me.
I was appalled at the managers attitude,total disdain and rudeness. It was as if I was doing them a favour by staying there.
I agree with other reviewers that rooms, tennis court etc are dated, and I have previously stayed in Rotorua at much better value for money places.

Room Tip: I would just avoid this place
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Greg W, Owner at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback based on your stay in 2011.

Since 2011 we have put in place a pro active maintenance program, and over this we are refurbishing rooms.

We have improved the quality of the property with fresh hired and pressed linen, refurbished the spa complex, and are continuing to improve the property in all aspects

We have a new management team and we are committed to improve our customer service

We believe the product we are providing now would impress you

We are constantly reviewing the feedback we receive, and we are addressing all issues that arise, and letting our staff know where we are succeeding

We hope to one day welcome you back to the Resort

Kind Regards

Greg Wilson

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We only stayed in the Silver Oaks for 1 night. A family of 4 (2 couples) staying in a 2 bedroom suite. Reception were not very welcoming or friendly and when we asked questions about their recommendations for evening entertainment they were not very helpful. Room was clean and tidy had everything we needed although little run down and in need of refurb (wallpaper coming off the walls). We were informed by reception that the hotel bar would be open until 10:30pm and when we arrived back at the hotel at 9:30pm the bar was closed. The pool and private spas are well maintained however the gym was very poor, only couple of cardio machines that actually worked. OK if you want a cheap, no frills motel in a quiet location.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed for three nights in a studio room on bed and breakfast basis which was adequate for our needs. Really enjoyed the hot water swimming pool. Also the spa pools. Staff were friendly particularly in the restaurant. and continental breakfast was OK.
Very quiet midweek.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank junec12
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Booked via their central booking. When arrived, approx 6.30 pm, not two bedroom apartment. Office staff not helpful and an old receptionist said she was not paid enough to listen to us. Totally disgusted at the service. Worst NZ experience. Worst hotel ever stayed in, worst staff with no manners and communication skills. Never book this via web.

2  Thank Shalinipratap

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay in 2011

The Hotel has changed management since 2013, and we are currently reviewing all past feedback to ensure that any previous issues have been resolved

Regards