SilverOaks Resort Heritage
US$154
  • Pool
US$112
US$89
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
US$557
US$474
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$86
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2011

From the outside - attractive building. Friendly, obliging staff. Clean. Comfortable bed. Good sized bathroom with good light over multiple mirrors.

I was looking for somewhere to bathe, iron my evening wear, and then later sleep. Unfortunately, I had to ask for the iron, ironing board (which had an unsuitable cover - I put a blanket over it), and hairdryer. Hairdryer only worked on "nearly cold". Consequently I was running late for my function. Fortunately I didn't want a private spa - the one attached to my room was out of action. Had a nice swim in hot but tired looking pool.

Found bed very comfortable - I slept like a baby - but the alarm clock never went off.

Nice looking place, cheap - but needs a refurb.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bushkeys
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This "Resort" is a crock do not stay here i stayed there for a weekend away with family and was booked into an uncleaned room. As a upgrade we were given another room with a private spa of which was broken? I honestly did not want to sleep in the bed the place was that grotty. I then proceeded to get very bad burns from the element in the kitchen as it only ran hot and only one element worked.... when a member of our group went to the office and told them that i had got burns from the element not working correctly he was told they knew it was broken!! maybe it should get fixed.. i will have scars from it, i had put the element one. low heat number one there are some pictures attached of the burns. the place is run down dirty and very misrepresented i will not stay there ever again and if this "resort" is part of the silver oaks chain i would not even bother staying at any of the others. if the problems aren't fixed by head office at this dive i would not like to see what the rest of the chain motels are like. bad experiance not pleased at all i would not recomend it to anyone.....!!!!!!

Room Tip: Health and safety risk to yourself.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ema026
SophieAuckland, Owner at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

I am very disappointed to read your review, and whilst we do appreciate guest comments, it is disappointing when they are not a fair representation of the facts.

We did check the elements, and they did work perfectly, what actually happenened is the guest put the element on high, with hot oil in the frying pan, and then dropped the meat into the frying pan, and of course if you do that you will get hot fat flying into the air.

There is nothing the Hotel could have reasonably have done to prevent this.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I should of read the reviews before booking in. Used my iphone app to find when I arrived in Rotorua. Receptionist did ask if I wanted to view the room before taking it. I declined.

Thermal wall heater didnt really cut the mustard so got receptionist to deliver me a fan heater - fan heater with the worlds smallest cord. TV remote had missing back cover, and was taped up, and fridge freezer needs a defrost - see photos. TV sits 10 inches above ground level.

Decided not to eat in restruarant as it was empty on a friday night.They didnt answer my phone call, so reception got them to ring my room, apparently the phones are not working... Reception girl was friendly, I kinda felt sorry for her.

Wifi internet kept dropping off

This was the place to stay in the 80's, but a place to avoid in 2011.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Greg W, Owner at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

The Hotel does have thermal central heating, so the rooms are nice and warm over winter.

We do hope to accommodate you again at the Hotel

Kind Regards

Greg Wilson

Reviewed 21 June 2011

This was the first place we stopped at along Fenton Street, looked appealing, the new owners were very cheerful and helpful. We were given several options and chose a 1 bedroom unit. The unit was spacious and clean, im sure the units will look amazing once the new owners have finished the refurbishment. Also the lady in the restraunt was nice and even went out of her way to deliver our dessert to our unit when we were going to have to pick it up.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank em-peedem

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Our stay with this hotel started with a mix up with the room which we had 7 people and were given a room with4 beds and a uncomfortable pull out. Cleaning staff need the sack as they did not vacuum our room for the entire stay. Had to complain to reception to get our room made up each day and to get toilet paper and basic tea and coffee. The hotel is old and starting to look that way. New managers made the stay bearable as they are really trying to pull it together.

Room Tip: communication and confirm by phone also to commun.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family